Religion 30 Gold per turn with 3 religions how to setup?

Rustypipe

Warlord
Hey,

Just wondering how this works agian exactly. In my current game i have 3 reglions and all of which have spread to my capital. Most of my other cities have 2 relgions spread but i'm still not seeing this 30 gold per turn? is there anything i'm missing?? Also how do you get more missionaries so i can spread the remaining regligions throughout my kingdom?

You must have the holy cities of the religions. The holy cities are marked with stars next to the religion icon.

Then for every city that the religion has spread to you will get 1gp. To see how many cities the religion has spread too just go to the city menu of the holy city.

Actually, you need one more thing: a shrine. You get those from Great Prophets, and if you have multiple religions you'll need multiple shrines. That's what gives you the 1gpt for each city.

Also, you need to build monasteries before they are obsolete if you intend on having to send out missionaries later. Once they are obsolete, you can't build missionaries in cities without monasteries, and you can't build monasteries to enable missionary building, and that can obviously hinder your ability to spread religion.

Thats not true with the Organized Religion civic you can bulild missionaries as long as that religion is in the city, no need for a monastary. Also as long as the monastary is built even when it becomes obsolite you can still build the missionaries.

I have a similar question. If I build two different monasteries or temples in the same city, will the benefits they provide (culture, science) add to each other. In other words: does it make sense to build more than one temple/monastery/cathedral in a city?

Jan Zamoyski said:
I have a similar question. If I build two different monasteries or temples in the same city, will the benefits they provide (culture, science) add to each other. In other words: does it make sense to build more than one temple/monastery/cathedral in a city?
Yes. You can get some pretty immense culture and science gains by having lots of religions (whether you founded the religion or not) in your cities.

Rustypipe said:
Hey,

Just wondering how this works agian exactly. In my current game i have 3 reglions and all of which have spread to my capital. Most of my other cities have 2 relgions spread but i'm still not seeing this 30 gold per turn? is there anything i'm missing?? Also how do you get more missionaries so i can spread the remaining regligions throughout my kingdom?

I was under the impression you couldnt do this as you only got the gold with a shrine in the founding city IF the religion was your state religion.

Are you thinking of the civic "free religion" where you get benefits +1:) I think for every religion in a city?

Top Bottom