• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Religion IDEA

Rmi

Warlord
Hi, Researching religion techs while not being the first is useless.

Can you make them provide a normal missionary if you aren't the first. Or for everyone that only the first gets a free prophet.

This way an NPC civ on an island can still get a religion's culture and hammers and not be cut off by religion hoarding.

Hi, Researching religion techs while not being the first is useless.
Exactly as intended. I did try and make it so that you could not research them at all if you were not first but when Koshling improved the speed of PythonCallBacks (an actual call not a call back to the python from the dll as many assume) something went wrong and it only works for one module. :(

Note: you, and the AI nations, will always get your/their leader's favorite religion when it is discovered even if you don't discover it. You just wont get the Holy Shrine.

Given the number of religions in C2C I would like to see the favorite religion expanded a bit so that each leader has an early, middle and late favorite religion.

Researching religion techs give you some points, which are good for obtaining Great General Points building an early certaining militar Wonder (I cannot remember exactly which), but yes, basically it's even worse than researching Future Tech in Vanilla Civ instead of obtaining the gold.

Given the number of religions in C2C I would like to see the favorite religion expanded a bit so that each leader has an early, middle and late favorite religion.
Interesting but I'd probably want to work on replacing the leaders now and then and basing differing leaders on differing eras for startworthiness. But then that really couldn't be done until after the random leader generation system intended...

Top Bottom