• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Religion questions

Rmi

Warlord
Wonders (and buildings) that REQUIRE state religion. Do you lose their effects the moment you change religion.

So is hoarding religions with no attention to keep them for long actually good.

Apart from enemy denial.
Wonder win points
And stacking monastery +%
And combat bonusses like pancration.

Nope once you built the religious wonder you keep it. Unless the wonder needs a certain resource and you lose the resource. Then the wonder temporarily vanishes.

And yes, stacking religions and their bonuses is a strong long-term strategy

There is an option: Religion Disabling; if this is checked, you must have a certain religion active, and if you switch it, then all temples, wonders, monestaries etc lose their effect. If you didn't check the option, you can stack them as Noriad said.

Wonders (and buildings) that REQUIRE state religion. Do you lose their effects the moment you change religion.

To be complete there are three cases (these are not quite shown correctly in the pedia)
  1. Buildings that require any state religion will not deactivate when you switch from one to another but if you change to having no state religion those buildings will not work any more.

2. Buildings that require a religion only remain as long as the religion is in the city.

3. Buildings that require a State religion and a religion actually require that religion to be the state religion and will go inactive if you change to a different state religion
Wonders will still count towards the city totals even if deactivated or obsolete.

The Religious Disabling option is for players who want all buildings of a religion to also require the that religion as the state religion. As opposed to what the makers of those religions wanted.

Nope once you built the religious wonder you keep it. Unless the wonder needs a certain resource and you lose the resource. Then the wonder temporarily vanishes.

And yes, stacking religions and their bonuses is a strong long-term strategy

Used to be that the AI would give you a good race too for getting them. Hopefully that is still the case, as this is one of my favorite parts of the Mod.

There are a lot of options for balance. But they just fall a bit shy for what i want.

Temples and monasteries all around.
1 cathedral a city max. (i mean come on 7 times +50% culture is a bit much)
1 religions powerful wonders online at the time.

maybe able to build religions less powerful wonders at discovering techs. Make them useful.

ALSO, first person gets a free prophet, rest gets a free missionary, so you do get to actually have the religion, and you can't cut out opponents from that nice culture and hammer boost forever.

Having anything in the Religion discovering tech destroys any chance the AI has of keeping up with the player.

Currently they will not bother studying a Religion tech that has already been researched by anyone else. This is good.

rest gets a free missionary, so you do get to actually have the religion, and you can't cut out opponents from that nice culture and hammer boost forever.

Must be an option I have not seen.

I recently researched a religion, but was beaten to it. I did not get a free missionary.

Unless this is an option for define prophets only.

Must be an option I have not seen.

I recently researched a religion, but was beaten to it. I did not get a free missionary.
The suggestion is that you should. I would prefer that you get up to half your research back as soon as the tech is discovered by someone else and the tech be made unresearchable.

It's on Divine Prophets that a religion gives you a free great prophet if you're first to it. It does this so that you can compensate for the new rule that a religion must be founded by a Great Prophet. Thus, birthing GPs can all be used for what you'd normally use a GP for if you always decide to use the free one for founding the religion you now have the tech to found. If you don't use it for that, someone else with the tech and a birthed prophet can found the religion for themselves.

I don't see any cause for this to make the relgions give a missionary if you aren't first to the religion - in fact that would screw things up because then you wouldn't need to sack a GP gained in another manner since the missionary would be just as strong for founding the religion if its not in the game yet.

I didn't know a missionary could found a new religion if it wasn't present yet. That would be bad.

That's all the prophet does in all honesty. Not a different mission. Just founding and if it's the first time, the location it's spread becomes the holy city. Pretty basic trick. I've often thought to make it a different mission as there would be some benefits to that and now I could easily do so but it would be time consuming as a project.

Top Bottom