Replacing Founding Fathers

Mariano Moreno

Chieftain
Please don't take it personal, but I noticed a little flaw in the game (at least, from my perspective): most Founding Fathers are North America related, with no mention to the ones at South America. Manuel Belgrano, Mariano Moreno, Pedro Murillo, Santiago de Liniers, Cornelio Saavedra, Martín Güemes, Juana Azurduy and a long etc. wich are nowhere to be found.

I thought that this may be changed with a mod that replaces most North America founding fathers with their South America counterparts. For this, I guess it would be needed to edit the images showed at the Founding Fathers screen and the texts that appear in the game informing that the Founding Father wants to join the civilization and that he has joined X player. It wouldn't be needed to edit the effects of them in the game or the name it employs inside the game code, wich would be the tricky parts

Does anyone know how to edit those things?

That would be a better option, in theory, but surely very complicated. It would be needed to know how to make each one make an effect, and have the game locate and recognize them, and make new civipedia entries, etc.

Besides, the current number of fathers is coherent with the lenght of a regular game. If we double them, the game overall lenght should be doubled too.

It is not hard at all, i would say it is one of the easiest thing to edit. New fathers are automaticly placed in the game if the right info is provided in the xmlfiles and at least a few can be added in each cathegory.

The fathers ar handled in <mod>/assets/xml/gameinfo/fatherinfo.xml
New traits in <mod>/assets/xml/civilization/traitinfo.xml
The name showed in <mod>/assets/xml/text/..odject.xml
Colopediainfo in <mod>/assets/xml/text/...pedia.xml
pictures i don't know.

If you think it is seems difficult just give me an expample of what you want to have them be like and i'll help you.

Please don't take it personal, but I noticed a little flaw in the game (at least, from my perspective): most Founding Fathers are North America related, with no mention to the ones at South America. Manuel Belgrano, Mariano Moreno, Pedro Murillo, Santiago de Liniers, Cornelio Saavedra, Martín Güemes, Juana Azurduy and a long etc. wich are nowhere to be found.

I thought that this may be changed with a mod that replaces most North America founding fathers with their South America counterparts. For this, I guess it would be needed to edit the images showed at the Founding Fathers screen and the texts that appear in the game informing that the Founding Father wants to join the civilization and that he has joined X player. It wouldn't be needed to edit the effects of them in the game or the name it employs inside the game code, wich would be the tricky parts

Does anyone know how to edit those things?

I'd love to see some of those in game, and I'd definately be interested in adding them to my Land of our Fathers mod.

Absolutely not a problem doing the adding or modifying, I changed them all in position and bonus in my mod, changing the name is even easier.

Main drawback is getting somebody to do the Artwork, you need to get a decent and distinct "face-shot" or they would look recycled or tacky :p

Top Bottom