Report Thread

Thorgrimm

Senior Elder
This is where the testers who have access to the hidden team forum will post their reports on their latest test of the current version of the mod.

I had my very first test game with the new civs in and I must say it was exciting.

First off the Shi immediately began to zap the scorps in their area and began to 'road' up their territory while the far-Go Traders began to plant colonies and road up every resource in sight. the other civs sent out their explorers, and I noticed to the ai 'explore' means attack nearest barb camp. :lol:

As a side note with the new changes the barb camps are pretty much eliminated by the first barb uprising, so most of the claws are relegated to the deep desert.

After about 100 turns the NCR gets a wild hair and decides to declare war on the Far-Go Traders, bad move. :D

For the NCR in their arrogance did not know that the traders were building Leather Assault Rifles while they were still building Rifle Infantry. Needless to say they got their backsides handed to them.

So far in this first test, all is as it should be, the Traders are kicking NCR tail, the Shi are building up and the rest of the civs are barb hunting. Stay tuned for more.:king:

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Just a lil update.

1. Got in flamand's gfx fixes for the Hummer, Bot Infantry and ghoul cities.

2. Added a new turret that is available with Milstores reclamation, half the defense of the popup turret, but available a lot earlier than the Popup Turret.

A. Added Max as a leather shotgunner.

B. Added Aaglo's Rokkit Shoota as a Mutant rocket Launcher.

3. Added the Northern Tribes.

4. Did lots of tweaking and trying to balance the Northern Tribes and bug fixes.

Just a short update report, but it do the job. :D

Well, I'm new on the playtesting thing. Don't know where to begin posting.

Just some thingies:

How's the progress?

When the next update is going to be out? I want to play with mutants that BUILD settlers as soon as possible!

By the way: Looks like those minor civs are going well. When we will play against them?

Great work on da mod!

Well, I'm new on the playtesting thing. Don't know where to begin posting.

Just some thingies:

How's the progress?

When the next update is going to be out? I want to play with mutants that BUILD settlers as soon as possible!

By the way: Looks like those minor civs are going well. When we will play against them?

Great work on da mod!

The update should be out in a couple of days in the playtesters hidden forum. When it comes out I want you to test the unity I made the Mutant launcher available with Milstores Reclamation. They are gonna have holes in their building availability becaus etheir versions of their buildings are not done yet.

The next update will have the Shi, Northern Tribes and the Far-Go Traders in.

When you begin testing in earnest first post any bug reports in the hidden forum along with the reports.

This is where the testers who have access to the hidden team forum will post their reports on their latest test of the current version of the mod.

I saw you accepted me for a status of member.. but, then.. where is this hidden team forum.. where i can dl latest version of mod?:)

I saw you accepted me for a status of member.. but, then.. where is this hidden team forum.. where i can dl latest version of mod?:)

You should see it now, sorry about that I was delayed in accepting your membership, and I am testing the new version as fast as I can, especially all the new stuff that has been created for it. :crazyeye: Gotta make sure nothing crashes from the get go. :lol:

And I want to see that new avvie and title Initiate. ;) :D

:nuke: Cheers, Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

You should see it now, sorry about that I was delayed in accepting your membership, and I am testing the new version as fast as I can, especially all the new stuff that has been created for it. :crazyeye: Gotta make sure nothing crashes from the get go. :lol:

And I want to see that new avvie and title Initiate. ;) :D

well.. in User CP it said a bit of time ago you accepted my membership,.. yet i don't see that hidden forum even now.. is it supposed to be a hidden thread here in Scifi workshop?
..and what avvie (at all, what is avvie) and title?
I don't understand anything anymore.. maybe i'm doing something wrong:crazyeye: :confused:

edit: ok,.. forget the first part.. i think i found it now

well.. in User CP it said a bit of time ago you accepted my membership,.. yet i don't see that hidden forum even now.. is it supposed to be a hidden thread here in Scifi workshop?
..and what avvie (at all, what is avvie) and title?
I don't understand anything anymore.. maybe i'm doing something wrong:crazyeye: :confused:

edit: ok,.. forget the first part.. i think i found it now

Lol, sorry avvie means avatar, and if you look the members of the Workshop has a small BOS emblem in the lower right hand corner of their avatars. SWalker has the emblem available, in the ranks thread he offered to send it to anyone who PM'ed him. :)

Here's report, how i got my ass kicked.. but Thor once said, that there's only few factions, who really have a chance to win,.. and Vault City was one o dem

Other than that.. although NCR was far away, they were so powerful, that i had often pay them small tributes, that i'd not find in war with dem also. BoS was quite weak,.. i think because of their great neighbour. So was Enclave. Enclave couldn't fight off scorpions and later packs of deathclaw, made their expansion totally impossible. So far Reno has in every last of my games stayed with only 2 cities, what makes them weakest of all. But weirdly ghoul, who in my earlier games had expanded quite much, seemed this time be very local.. althoug.. my explorers never went so far south

AncientOne, good report. Yup, the muties are VERY opportunistic in their outlook. The Master saw a chance to wipe out the Vault Dwellers and took it.

The Wastelands are a harsh mistress. ;) :D

:nuke: Þórgrímr :nuke:

Nice report there. I'll do one like yours just as soon as I get Photoshop and learn how to use it.

here's my little report:

Man, I'm testing the unity, and let me tell you: It ROCKS!!
They got a interesting factor: They enslave the enemy. You can wage a early war with ANYONE this way. I've wiped out the robots by going scorp hunting, then upgrading the slaves to mutant melees, and then going against the robots.
I even have some screenshots. Just ask me if you want them. The Mutant Rocket Launcher was a big help to defeat the Cyclotron. Artillery, and high atack do a nice combo for unit. I even have some screenshots of my conquests.

Theory: The robots where smaller and WAY behind in tecnlogy. In theory, I think that IF I waited a little, got flamethrowers and mutated corn, I could whip out a army of Mutant Flamethrowers and send then to Robot heaven faster than before.
Of course, IF they developed Bot Infrantry, I would have a big mess on my hands. So, I think that what helped me to win was the mutie slaves that I got after going radscorp hunting. They add a interesting edge to the mutants.

To put it simply: To wage war, you have to wage war.

I'll report again soon.

Slaughter

So, that means that I can expect Ancient One to come on my doorstep soon, right? :lol:

EDIT: So you where VAULT DWELLERS??! Guess what: I'm coming for them soon.

Here are the screenshots:

Prelude to War:

Until some years, all as peaceful... well, as far as peaceful the wastelands can be.
The Shi where isolated, the tribals fought a war against scorps

The robots are caught by surprise when some of my mutant units take 'Vault One'. It's the beginning of the Unity-E.O.O.J (Empire Of Old Junk) War. They troops are too busy barb hunting on the middle of the desert, so that was the perfect time to start a early war.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5774/saiprallatavelha1fm.jpg

War Begins:

if you take Newton's Law of Gravity, you will know that what goes up, gets down. Newton got down. The bulk of my army is advancing, and the robots are acting like mad chickens: They go around like mad, but don't know what to do.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7073/saiprallatavelha026uy.jpg

All-Out War:

Along the bulk of my army, doom came along for the robots. Scott City was a little harder, but it, was destroyed. The robots defeat a Mutant Melee away, but I had another.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8274/saiprallatavelha036ua.jpg

War's End:

After I conquered all of the E.O.T.C except the Vault Zero, my Mutant Rocket Launcher unit arrived. Of course, mom din'dnt create a fool, so, instead of kamikase-ing with all my mutant units againt a 30-defense Cyclotron, I positioned my Mutant RL on a nearby hill, and started the nice bussiness of bombardment delivering. A destroyed palisiade wall and some damage later, I atacked then with ALL I had. Goodbye, Empire of the Junk!

http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saiprallatavelha043no.jpg

This is the swan song:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8347/saiprallatavelha053ku.jpg

Now the robots are history. Goodbye and good ridance. I think I'll expand to they territory and after that, go after the Dwellers.

The Other civs: So far, the Shi where isolated.

The Traders where building and Deathclaw hunting.

NCR and BOS where expanding nicely.

The Tribals where duking it out with the Deathclaws (and WINNING!!).

The Ghouls where beginning to expand.

Vault City was growing, but was quite weak, If I wanted, I could've wiped them out early, but risk having the robots reach Survival Age is madness. They're my next target.

Enclave was quite small, but not as small as New Reno, who had troubles with Deathclaws.

And the robots... well, they're on the junkyard, the place where they ever belong.

AncientOne, good report. Yup, the muties are VERY opportunistic in their outlook. The Master saw a chance to wipe out the Vault Dwellers and took it.

The Wastelands are a harsh mistress. ;) :D

Yeah so it is,.. but ironic is, i may have helped muties to grow so strong.. cuz maybe if i had left bullets to EOTC in first place, they could have made mutie's expansion less effective.. but never knows

Yeah so it is,.. but ironic is, i may have helped muties to grow so strong.. cuz maybe if i had left bullets to EOTC in first place, they could have made mutie's expansion less effective.. but never knows

Actually, you are correct there. The best thing to do is to try and get the muties and bots into a shooting war. That way while they are ripping each other to shreds you can build up for the inevitable conflict with the winner.

If your timing is right you can backstab the winner and blitz his cities while the army of conquest is far away. Use your snipers to get into the winners homeland and pillage every road in sight. Attack everything you can. Use your invisibility to its maximum effect. But beware cities with Sentry towers, they unmask your invisibility and make you vulnerable to counterattacks.

Man, I prepared a large army to conquer smaller civs (New Reno, Tribals, Brotherhood and Shi) And guess what happens? TRIBALS BEGIN TO TAKE NEW RENO! GREAT!

Not only that, but Vault City is arriving at my doorstep with they Vault Citizens. I guess we'll have a display of force soon.

EDIT:

Indeed. It happened. They planted a city near me. It was the last straw. Now, it's WAR!!
They DO have a lot of cities. WOW! Vault City have POWER ARMOR! Yes, I mean it: POWER ARMOR!

Ok, after killing some of they troops and destroying one city, Lyndon came for peace. I say NO for thee!

The War rages on... It's just beginning, both sides are having they tolls.
Score: 3 cities destroyed.

Second Entry:

Strange... it seems that Vault City is running out of Snipers. I wonder what's happening.
Damn, Power Armor soldiers! It's NOT supposed to happen! They CANNOT be allowed to have so MUCH firepower!

Third Entry: Ok, peace with Vault City. Fighting very mobile power armors is too hot for my mutants. FOR NOW. I got 500 bucks from them, at least.

NEW ENTRY: Ok, We're almost on WWW (Wasteland Wide War) here. Vault City is fighting Enclave and Tribals, Tribals are fighting me and Vault City, I am fighting Tribals, New Reno and now the Brotherhood wants my head on a plate (I din'd want to give 'em Milstores Reclamation).

NEM ENTRY: Wait, did I said ALMOST?? Guess what. NCR gets wild hair and now declares WAR against Vault City. So, um.... that is it. WWW IS HERE!!!

NEW ENTRY: Enclave-Vault Dweller's war ends! Vault Dwellers take almost all of Enclave, except Navarro and The Plataform! I guess that some ret-conning payback for what they did on Fallout 2, hehehehe. Now Vault Dwellers and NCR are some big behemoths! Man, I hope neither wants to fight!
Hmmm... I must conquer someone to get a stronger grip... maybe the BOS...

Here goes the tribals. I not going to miss them. On the other hand, VDs are getting TOO big for my taste.

Man, I prepared a large army to conquer smaller civs (New Reno, Tribals, Brotherhood and Shi) And guess what happens? TRIBALS BEGIN TO TAKE NEW RENO! GREAT!

Not only that, but Vault City is arriving at my doorstep with they Vault Citizens. I guess we'll have a display of force soon.

EDIT:

Indeed. It happened. They planted a city near me. It was the last straw. Now, it's WAR!!
They DO have a lot of cities. WOW! Vault City have POWER ARMOR! Yes, I mean it: POWER ARMOR!

Ok, after killing some of they troops and destroying one city, Lyndon came for peace. I say NO for thee!

The War rages on... It's just beginning, both sides are having they tolls.
Score: 3 cities destroyed.

Second Entry:

Strange... it seems that Vault City is running out of Snipers. I wonder what's happening.
Damn, Power Armor soldiers! It's NOT supposed to happen! They CANNOT be allowed to have so MUCH firepower!

Third Entry: Ok, peace with Vault City. Fighting very mobile power armors is too hot for my mutants. FOR NOW. I got 500 bucks from them, at least.

have I mentioned that the muties need to strike quickly? ;) :D

have I mentioned that the muties need to strike quickly? ;) :D

OUCH! THIS HURTS!!! Where the hell these power armor come from?

Ahhh, but no matter. I got a town, destroyed and sacked another two, and at least there's no more Vault City's guys near my territory. I think I'm going after the tribals now, I don't want them taking towns. Each town that they took make them a LOT stronger. These tribals are going to be easy, and will give me LOTS of Mutie slaves, just what I'm needing right now. Besides, I'm going to stryke back at Vault City at some point.

OBS: I'm thinking of going after the BOS or the Shi after I nail the tribals.

Top Bottom