Republic of Pirates (kingchris20)

Republic of Pirates (kingchris20) 2.0

kingchris20

Wisdom Seeker
Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
kingchris20 submitted a new resource:

Republic of Pirates (kingchris20) - Blackbeard and Black Bart lead the Republic of Pirates

Adds the Republic of Pirates to the game with 2 leaders. Black Bart and Blackbeard lead the Republic of Pirates.

Republic of Pirates

Civilization Trait

Scourge of All Nations
All Naval units can perform coastal raids and have a chance to capture defeated ships. If not captured, defeated ships are plundered for gold worth twice the defeated unit’s base strength. No war weariness from combat.

Unique District

Pirate Safe Haven...

Read more about this resource...

Working nicely on iPad to turn 100. No other mods.

1. Both pirates think they are Teddy and there is no picture of them in the creation menu. Uses settler icon for pirate harbor in production.

2. How do you capture ships? With quadremes I have only been able to sink using either form of attack.

Working nicely on iPad to turn 100. No other mods.

1. Both pirates think they are Teddy and there is no picture of them in the creation menu. Uses settler icon for pirate harbor in production.

2. How do you capture ships? With quadremes I have only been able to sink using either form of attack.

1. Yeah, I can't figure out how to get the icons/artwork to work in iOS :(

2. It is a percentage chance, and it should pop up the percentage chance it is in the Unit Combat panel (down where you see each unit's strength). I have noticed that barbarian units don't get the chance to be capture often, if at all.

If it is any consolation, other "new civ" mods I have tried have the same icon problem. The pirate harbor is now using the monument icon.

finally succeeded capturing a galley with a caravel, so I know it works.

Black Bart is so powerful I feel like acting like a barbarian all game and letting someone else win :)

If it is any consolation, other "new civ" mods I have tried have the same icon problem. The pirate harbor is now using the monument icon.

finally succeeded capturing a galley with a caravel, so I know it works.

Black Bart is so powerful I feel like acting like a barbarian all game and letting someone else win :)

The only one I've tried that actually has the icons working is the Glorious Master PC race, but once I start the game with it, it crashes back to the menu. So whatever that person did with the art is iOS compatible, however, some of his custom 3D models must cause the crash....and because I don't have custom 3D models, if I could figure out what he did with his art, then I could probably get the icons working in the Pirate mod....

I absolutely love this MOD! Is it ready for R&F yet? Also- Would you be able to have the civ spawn on a greatest TSL map on an island or isthmus. I always seem to get them stuck in the middle of some russian plain. Just hoping.

I absolutely love this MOD! Is it ready for R&F yet? Also- Would you be able to have the civ spawn on a greatest TSL map on an island or isthmus. I always seem to get them stuck in the middle of some russian plain. Just hoping.
Yes, it works with both vanilla and RaF, it lacks the historical moments art, but otherwise works fine with it. I haven't tried adding TSL, but which map are you speaking of and I can give it a shot the next chance I get?

Yes, it works with both vanilla and RaF, it lacks the historical moments art, but otherwise works fine with it. I haven't tried adding TSL, but which map are you speaking of and I can give it a shot the next chance I get?
I use the Greatest TSL world map. A Cuban Start (Black beard) or even Madagascar (Black Bart) would be worthy. Awesome work!

One of my most favorite Civs to add to a world TSL map! I Love this one! I do miss the flying dutchman OP unit that once was...but can't complain at the fun this Civ brings to the table! Well done as always!

Top Bottom