Requested Mods

Good to know it's easy to change the limit. I don't know if it has already been proposed /done , but it would be great to have a mod which allows multiple units / tiles and changes the UI accordingly.

Actually all the game mechanics should be revised to allow stacking, and add the following option (and any other option players would like to have) : one defender unit for a stack with collateral damage for every unit in the stack (the % of collateral damage should be tunable).

Is this possible to do at the moment ? Or should we wait for the code source ?

I bought Civilization 5 because of the FFH, FFH2, Fall Further, and RiFe mods. Can't get a 100% that there is indeed another mod in the works by their team and no where to monitor or give input on what would help the game. If there isn't one... Bring it Back Please!

I'd like to see a simple mod where unit creation costs food. Every turn a unit is being built costs the city 1 food. Whether it be settler or tank unit. Remember, it's not just the hardware that is being built, but the training to use it. And a unit is not just a band of soldiers, but a larger group of support staff as well.
This drain on food should be separate from the total food absorption that comes with building a settler. It should happen first, then the total remaining food reallocation. And in several cases, this will cause food supplies to dwindle. In some cases, this would cause a city to drop in population. Totally understandable, without resorting to thinking of starvation. After all, a unit is the soldiers, and the people who support them. The extra effort of training mobile, independent groups stressing a community. Birth rates go down, mortality rates go up. It's all a part of the system. The game just makes no room for this.

There is a range of mods I would like to see.
I would like to see a revolution mod. It would be neat if at a time you choose, you could change your social policies around with the cost of a revolution (like Civ4).
It would also be neat if the actual people of your empire made a difference. It would be cool if there was like a "Dynasty" mod that could somehow incorporate the leader of your country at the moment into your empire and change it for good or bad. It may also be neat if your people could become so unhappy with a social policy you have imposed, that they could create a revolution.
I'm not sure if this is already in the game or not, but I would like to be able to name my units. Perhaps after a promotion. To kind of personalize them, I suppose.
I hope a Religion mod also surfaces. Of course, Religion shouldn't have the incredible effect it had on foreign relations like it did in Civ4. But I simply enjoyed being the first to discover Judaism or Islam and spreading it around.
Espionage should be reintroduced, but reworked. I didn't like the espionage that much in Civ4 but would like some form of it in the game just for accuracies sake.
I am not a modder, nor do I know if these are actually possible to do, but they're just thoughts.

Rusty Gamer

Right ON!

I've been thinking the same thing. And I'm skeptical that archers could EVER send arrows even 2 tiles away, let alone 3 or more, but cannon rounds, howitzers, and mortars...

I thought of a really cool idea for a sci-fi mod today, but it would require tons of work and I have no experience in modding. If anybody could be interested in giving me some menial labor to teach me the brakes or would potentially interested in collaborating, PM me.

Working on a Mod that requires unlimited city states.
Need someone to crack the limit for me.

I would like to see a mod that brings back cottages and gets rid of trading posts.

I would like to see a mod that brings back cottages and gets rid of trading posts.
Graphically, trading posts will remain the same, but the yield mod I'm working on makes them grow with technology levels. not quite the same as working them though.

Warhammer 40K or Fantasy Battle mod, there was a hex based game out about 10-15 years ago, where the players comanded Eldar units and fought against first space marines, then tyranids iirc. I think the hex based Civ V combat system with 1 unit per tile is the most modable aspect of this game and could give some great combat mods.

If people have trouble with AI tactics you could have a zerg vs a player, lots of weaker units designed to wear down a player. The longer you stay alive the tougher the enemy becomes until overwhelmed! Also Elven Legacy is a hex based single unit combat game, Civ V could be that game and much much more!!

Sax.

A mod that could turn a barbarian city into a city state over time if left unchecked. As a colloary, city states that are dynamically created during the game and not all just at the beginning. Perhaps the option that if a city state is annexed, that another may rise somewhere else.

In terms of stacking, I know that there is a mod which allows this but I was thinking more in terms of allowing progessively bigger stacks. In the beginning, no stacks (as the standard game) which is really a stack limit of 1, but through techs, buildings, wonders, policy etc, stack limit is slowly increased.

I would love to see FFH too, it's all I played in Civ4 and it would be even more awesome in civ5.
I heard they are making their own standalone FFH game though, so not sure we'll see it happen.
Other than that, anything 'out there' really. Sci-fi or fantasy. I guess mods like this will take a while to appear.
I'd also love to see the return of layered maps that I've seen a few people mention, although I think it's unlikely.

Definitely FFH :) Also other fantasy mods, using either Warhammer or Forgotten Realms ;)

I'd like a Realms mod also, maybe a static map of the Savage Frontier or the Dales. You could take control of different states (most of the realms is based around city states or small empires) and have to complete different conditions to win.

Sax.

I'd like a mod which removes the city states' lack of ai and removes their behaving differently from real civs, except that they wouldn't expand.
Otherwise put, I don't want maritime, cultural, military city states. I want civs that are playing OCC with which I can trade and conduct diplomacy the same I would with other civs.

Top Bottom