Requested Mods

Are there any ways to make civilizations start farther apart? Even on the largest maps I generate, it's a really annoying thing that's almost breaking the game for me. I can only get decent distance on Earth, otherwise whenever I start a huge map I always have two or three AI civilizations starting right up next to me. It ruins the whole point of a massive map to explore and they're invariably always angry and coveting my land.
I agree. You can do this without a mod. Just start the game with the advanced options and delete the bottom 2-4 civs. I sometimes also add a few CSs. Works for me so far.

I agree. You can do this without a mod. Just start the game with the advanced options and delete the bottom 2-4 civs. I sometimes also add a few CSs. Works for me so far.

but than your not playing with the max civs.

i have yet to be able to play with max civs no matter what you do you always lose. if you don't expand you fall behind in tech, if you do expand you annoy the other civs, if you take their cities unhappiness overwhelms you and than barbarians appear and wreck your tiles... :mad:

I dont like trade mechanics, it makes no sense the lack of gestioning the trade routes in a single menu, showing the trade posibilities for each city the posibility of modify the routes when desired and not every x turns, which i found disturbibg.

It makes no sense the decission of constructing the caravan in a city as an unit, but then allowing instant transportation to any city. It is difficult to see trade posibilities and is frustrating when you have almost 10 different routes, the constant popup to modify or renew each one.

To me they should be gestioned like spies, with a single menu showing trade posibilities and allowing to assign each caravan to the desired traderoute.

It could be easily implemented, just with one turn of waiting to move each caravan to the requested city (like spies) a period of waiting if a caravan is raided until a new one apeares (like spies) also introducing experience on caravans in the same way as spies and making trade routes auto renovable until the user allows to give new orders to the caravan.

The number of avaliable caravans can easily be gestiones like the number of diplomats, making then apear automatically after a certain condition is reach and so on.

Gestion?

I'd love to see Civs and their respective leaders more historically accurate.

An example would be Rome:
The current civ bonus is 'Glory of Rome' which gives +25% towards any buildings that already exist in the capital.

Thats pretty neat and all, and I'm sure useful, but not quite what I'd expect from Rome. At least not the only thing. Either add or replace 'Glory of Rome' with bonuses such as:
Roads in Roman territory give X amount of speed/movement points per turn more than any other civ
Cultural Conversion.
Rome gets a +3 to cultural conversion rates in conquered cities and +2 to neighboring cities.

These would be much more beneficial to Rome as well as being historically accurate.

Another example would be the Aztec Empire:
The current civ bonus is 'Sacrificial captives' which gives culture for the empire from units killed.

Again, pretty neat but not entirely accurate. The Aztecs started as slaves to another nation and rebelled and were known for their faith more than their culture, meaning the current bonus doesn't have to be exchanged for another or even added onto so much as tweaked to provide faith from enemy units killed.

Other bonuses Aztecs could have:
All units start with the ability to cross forests and swamps with no penalties (preferably less if possible).
All ancient buildings provide an additional 0.5 faith points.

There are any number of other civilizations that could be tweaked to be a bit more historically accurate without sacrificing gameplay. In fact, if anyone does pick this up, I'd be willing to provide further ideas on various other civilizations and I'll even attempt to balance those ideas to avoid having Civs being OP in some areas and sorely lacking in others.

I would like a mod to bnw that can make the bomber to bomb tile improvements

Could someone make a proper Colonial mod with BNW and all the new civs we have on this forum?

I would really like to be able to play a Native American civ, From the START (not for 100 turns like the basic CiV scenario) and have all the European Civs on the other side of the map, ready to come colonize after Navigation.

Including all the community made civilizations like The Sioux, The Olmecs and more would be amazing!!!

Thanks

I would really like to be able to play a Native American civ, From the START (not for 100 turns like the basic CiV scenario) and have all the European Civs on the other side of the map, ready to come colonize after Navigation.

This isn't really a mod request, but rather a map request. You can accomplish everything you asked for above using just the World Builder and placing desired civs on specific start locations. There are many user-created world and Atlantic-centered maps available as starting points.

MOD REQUEST

I'd like a mod that has City-states declare war on other states. May requie a change in their AI to be more aggressive at least for pillaging each other's tiles.

I basically want a mod that makes your CS relations a little deeper where you have to worry about their poltics bringing you into their conflicts or losing their resources.

MOD REQUEST

I'd like a mod that has City-states declare war on other states. May requie a change in their AI to be more aggressive at least for pillaging each other's tiles.

I basically want a mod that makes your CS relations a little deeper where you have to worry about their poltics bringing you into their conflicts or losing their resources.

I could've sworn that city-states can already declare war on each other, at least in vanilla Civ 5. Maybe my memory is faulty or maybe it was altered in the add-ons.

MOD REQUEST

Anthropoligist

I would like to see an Anthropologist as an alternative to the Archeologist.

The Anthropologist is available with the technology as the Archeologist, and as with the Archeologist can only be produced in a city with a University. The Anthropologist is a civilian unit like the Archeologist.

The Anthropologist is used to obtain Cultural Artifacts from Barbarian tribes.

When an Anthropologist unit encounters a Barbarian unit, there is a small chance that the Anthropologist will be killed (about 20% chance). Otherwise, the Anthropologist is taken by the Barbarian unit back to the Barbarian encapment.

Anthropologists can be accompanied by a land melee unit, so it can only be killed if the land melee unit is killed.

The Anthropologist spends a number of turns at the encapment (maybe 5 turns), and then is allowed to leave. When the Anthropologist leaves, a Cultural Artifact is added to a museum slot.

The Anthropologist does not disappear when a Cultural Relic is produced. The Architect gains experience which reduces the risk that the Anthropologist will be killed when it encounters a Barbarian unit and the time spent to collect a CUltural Artifact. The Anthropologist can go to another Barbarian encapment and obtain another Cultural Artifact.

MOD REQUEST

Random Events

Is there someone out there with modding experience that would like to add random events to Civ 5? I would be willing to suggest ideas for the various events, provide write-ups and work on the artwork.

Thanks in advance to anyone who thinks this is a worthy idea and wishes to discuss it further.

Regards,
Scott

MOQ REQUEST

TOP CITIES - UI

I liked that screen in civ4I wonder if it can be converted to civ5. thanks.

There was a version of this for Vanilla as part of the Improved Demographics mod. I hope it's available outside of the old download database though, I can't seem to find it on the forums. I'll check my files to see if I still have it installed

Mod request: The ultimate victory

Aims of the mod:
-Merge all 4 victory conditions into one ultimate victory
-A more fun and chaotic late game
-A balance play style not streamlining any specific victory condition will be viable
-When a civ becomes totaly dominat he will get an even more redicolus snowball effect and end the game faster
-No passive victories
-Massive endgame war

How to do it:
Disable all victory conditions except conquest. Completing one of the other victories will give massive bonuses towards a domination victory. You can be a warmonger all game or play peacefully small civ until the very late game and then kick the warmongers with your powerful bonuses.

Science victory
Each spaceship part = 1 uranium
Launch spaceship = half cost and double range for nuclear missile & player is not effected by the nuclear ban resolution
Each future tec. = +5 happiness & +1 uranium & +5% production in all cities

Diplomatic victory
World leader = +1000 influence with all city states & 100% combat bonus for city states and city states are more aggressive when at war
New resolutions opens:
-Permanent war between all players
-Extra movement for units
-All civs declare war against one other civ (like the embargo)
-Reduce all cities combat strength 50%
-Massive happiness bost for all players
-Massive unhappiness bost for all players

Cultural victory
Additional bonuses against civs based on your influence:
Popular: Combat bonus of 25%
Influential: Combat bonus of 50% & 20% of their gold income (they lose the 20%) & +100% gold for capturing their cities
Dominant: Combat bonus of 75% & 40% of their gold income (they lose the 40%) & +200% gold for capturing their cities
If several civs are Influential or more with a civ, only the civ with the highest influence gets the gold income.

These bonuses are all highly unbalanced but i think you get the idéa. I am no competent moder but I hope there is one reading this and liking the idéa.

I'd love a ciV mod where you can set up only AI to play, and watch as they progress through the game without actually playing (like a spec.), like what you can do in AoE.

Top Bottom