• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Requested Mods

Is it possible to mod a pre-Settler unit (Tribe) that builds a One Hex City (Village Encampment) that can't grow until Agriculture is discovered but produces minimal hammers, beakers, etc.?(obviously this is a take on Paleolithic to Neolithic prehistory) ...My goal is to make the first hundred or so turns a little more interesting and combine it with an already created mod that allows a fortified unit to capture hex's. It would create a battle for fertile regions and control of hunting grounds, etc. I call it "NeoRev"...Neolithic Revolution and I will gladly go into detail if any of you savvy modders are interested.

Production time depends on hammers, Growth depends on food, both of which depend on worked tiles, improved tiles, happiness, known techs, friendly/allied maritime CSes, etc, etc, etc so it's an impossible calculation

Yes, there certainly isn't any one number, but maybe a range of turns could be calculated, based on all info known at the moment? And some nice tooltip info showing something along the lines of "7 turns - production focus, 30 turns - food focus". Very difficult to calculate anyways, I'm sure.

Yes, there certainly isn't any one number, but maybe a range of turns could be calculated, based on all info known at the moment? And some nice tooltip info showing something along the lines of "7 turns - production focus, 30 turns - food focus". Very difficult to calculate anyways, I'm sure.

The tooltip is the easy part, the calculations are the hard part.

Minimum turns = 1 (you can always rush with a GE)
Maximum turns = cost / hammers from central city tile

that's about all you can easily and accurately say

Is it be possible to make a mod that enables or disables all mods at the mod selection panel. I use 142 mods (133 are whoward69's mods) and having to reselect them after playing a game where mods were not used is very tedious. Currently I disable most of them by deselecting his dll.

Edit: Cross posted in the sticky for Mod Component Request Thread.

Is it be possible to make a mod that enables or disables all mods at the mod selection panel. I use 142 mods (133 are whoward69's mods) and having to reselect them after playing a game where mods were not used is very tedious. Currently I disable most of them by deselecting his dll.

Probably, but in the mean time ... if you delete "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db" all the mods will be disabled. But the same is true if you rename it, to say "MyStandardModsDatabase.db"

Now the clever bit, if you rename/copy MyStandardModsDatabase.db back to Civ5ModsDatabase.db all your mods will be enabled again.

I'm not fond of the teal/gold GUI from BNW. Is there a mod, or is it possible for there to be a mod, that brings back either the vanilla or G&K GUI themes? Or maybe even an entirely new theme, like a black/gold one for a Complete Edition feel.

I'm not fond of the teal/gold GUI from BNW. Is there a mod, or is it possible for there to be a mod, that brings back either the vanilla or G&K GUI themes? Or maybe even an entirely new theme, like a black/gold one for a Complete Edition feel.
A new theme would be a ton of work, but one brave soul made an alternate gray and red color scheme for vanilla and one for G+K. Note it requires some manual copying, and AFAIK there were still a few bits that hadn't been recolored.

Anyway, you could similarly extract the art files from the vanilla or G+K FPK's, and copy them into your Expansion2 folder. Of course you'd be missing some files, which would require a bit of recolor work in the case of vanilla or cut-and-pasting in the case of G+K...

Vanilla would be significantly easier than G&K as the graphics are the same size and offset for vanilla and BNW, whereas the G&K ones arn't

I would like to know if it is possible to make it so that if an enemy is within sight of one of your own units can the enemy unit have a red ring at its base?
This would be similar to the way CivIV worked with enemy units.
The reason for this is that there is a lot of citystates with colors that are very close to the same and it would help an actual enemy to stand out.

Is there a mod out there for... Shall we call it Separatists? I was looking while someone was playing Civ1 the other day, and I'm not sure this is what happend, but it looked as if though a civilization lost its capital, and it caused the civilization to split in two, which A: meant that the civ lost half of its cities, and B: meant that a whole new player appeared, in this case the Zulu. War waged for a while, but eventually two civilizations had taken the place of one.

Is this possible to make? I have seen before the type of mod where civilizations raise about the time they did in history in the game, so the german civ player appear around the year when the german empire was united, and so I know it's possible to mod the game to add new AI civs in mid game.

I think it'd be a cool addition if when you're at low happiness, instead of having barbarians appear, make those units Rebels, and if they successfully conquer a city, they capture it and become the new civilization, and a random new leader appear, initially hostile to the civ they broke free from, going "You have no place here, oppressor. The [civilization name] are independant at last!".

Or is there perhaps already a mod out there that holds what I seek? I haven't been able to find one while i've been searching.

Second time requesting this.

I want leaders gone. I hate their faces, their voices, their existence. Most of all I hate seeing Washington rolling that damn globus in the age before invention of wheel. I hate them with every fiber of my body.

Their existence hinders badly my enjoyment and meta gaming with this game lately.

I want to play as the empire of Germany, not as Bismarck. I want to wage war against Russia, not Catherine. I want them to be represented as countries (kingdoms, empires etc.), as nations.

. . .

Nutty made a mod for me, but it wasn't finished. He replaced leader screens with maps of civs (default maps and sukritact's Civ Accurate Maps), removed diplomacy voices, and replaced greeting texts etc. with more generic, empire specific, not mentioning the leader. Removed leaders from DoM screen, just the map there and removed DoM text (Here could be the first paragraph from civilopedia for each civ instead). Replaced leader icons with civ icons, which meant 2 same icons.

Now the problems were that there were still two names about each civ, so simply renaming/removing leader names resulted in "Lord Iroquois of Iroquois" kind of titles showing in diplo screens and some other places like: "Turn 51, Lord America of America", civs being named "America - America" with two same icons etc.

I would so appreciate if someone could help with this, I'll send you a postcard and a cookie from Finland!

So... any help with that? :(

Oh, ok! I'm waiting patiently :)

I'd like to request a simple mod that makes militaristic city-states always gift you their special unit if you have at least the tech required, even if you're beyond it.

It's frustrating when you start a game that happens to have Kris Swordsmen and Conquistadors out on islands you can't reach without Astronomy. This may be my fault for using Continents Plus but I still think it would be a great mod to have.

I am working on a Mod that enhances the beginning of the game and focuses on the transition from the Paleolithic to the Neolithic era and encourages the players to battle for the most fertile lands before cities begin. Rather a "Tribe" would claim their territory and defend it, while they progress towards Agriculture and become able to produce a Settler (then the game continues as normal)...
A very cool mod that allows a fortified unit to claim territory gave me this idea and would be one of the primary mods included.
What I am missing, is a way to create a 'pre-city'...a village encampment if you will...a one hex city (I was thinking a barbarian encampment would be perfect graphics) that allows food, production, science, culture, units, etc.
I need to know if the 'mechanics' of the game would allow a 'Tribe' unit (pre-Settler) to create this village encampment that only works the single hex that it rests on and is unable to grow, but can be dismantled?
I've searched the forums with no success and I truly hope a fellow Civ Fanatic will be so kind as to either create this, or at least point me in the right direction!
Thanks in advance!

Is there a mod out there that removes the connection between Great Scientist, Engineer, and Merchant? Whenever you generate one, the points required to generate all 3 go up by 100. Basically I wanted to make it like what we have with Great Artist/Writers/Muscians where they don't interact with each other's counter.

I was poking around and I couldn't find where this rule is set.

Is there a mod out there that removes the connection between Great Scientist, Engineer, and Merchant?
Unfortunately, it's not possible without editing the DLL. There's already a request to add this feature to the Community Patch DLL.

Unfortunately, it's not possible without editing the DLL. There's already a request to add this feature to the Community Patch DLL.

Aw, that's too bad. I really wanted to see how the game felt without this restriction.

Top Bottom