Requesting: Summary of current CEP mods

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
After being gone on vacation for awhile, looks like a lot of big changes are coming with the DLL mod.

Since it looks like the CEP mod will slow down in favoring of moving to DLL work, I wanted to find out where everything is now that the dust is settled.

I know there are some mod-mods and the like, so can someone give me a quick rundown of the major CEP components out there now?

Expired will have to do some updating to make some of these official.

There's a steam version, that I don't believe we can do anything about unless Thal returns to part-time work. I think that's at 3.15 still but I never downloaded from steam.

There's a github version, Expired has full access to that. When he can get to a computer I believe he will update that version with a bunch of bugfixes I found (simple stuff mostly), and that would be at 3.16 still. Those bugfixes are available through the forum here right now (I will be adding in removing the inflation effect as a "bug" as it seems to provide substantial quantities of gold unintentionally).

There's Eric's mod-mod, based off 3.16 I believe, but he hasn't updated it in a while. He has some unique views of balance at times, but may be seasoned to some tastes.

There's Expired's mod-mod which just adjusts the unit upgrade paths (arque to musket instead of arque to gatling) and unit promotion lines (spears are just melee and medic is available to melee units), this is based off 3.16

There's my mod-mod which does a major overhaul to various sections of the game, also based off 3.16 but effectively call it 3.17 as it's very different from the official mod (I threw out a lot of policy and economic changes). I didn't make it a mod-mod, it just overwrites the mod files. I may update these again as I've noticed a few things or come up with some ways to do things I wanted to do, but I would expect they're basically done for a while.

Given that I'm working/commenting on the dll mod and working with Gazebo, one should expect that these would be the sorts of views that I would be pushing for in that balance mod. So far, he seems inclined to take most of the leaders, wonders, buildings, and unit/promotion changes as is from CEP (I don't know if he means my version or the official, but whichever works), and then balance them further from there.

General economic changes, tech tree changes, and many policy changes are still up in the air. And religion changes are a complete mess.

As far as the 'official' release is concerned, I'll probably make one or two minor adjustments but you can be fairly safe in assuming the current release plus @mystikx21's edits will be the way the next (last?) release stands.

I will name it as 'Time capsule' in sort of a nod to the progress status of this mod. ie. it isn't officially ceased, just taking a long rest. If anyone wants to pick it up and run with it then this 'time capsule' will be a snapshot of the state of play.

There was a comment earlier about the Mac and Linux users that may feel screwed over by this change. Thinking on that I will probably return every now and then to see if we can add anything that is from the DLL mod back into this mod so as many users as possible can keep playing it. Probably, maybe.

As @mystikx21 said though, Steam users will be on their own, sorry, out of my hands.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Very much looking forward to such a 'time capsule' version! My games usually take months to finish, so I've been awaiting a "final" update before starting a new game. Thanks for all your efforts, and good luck with the next project!

Expired will have to do some updating to make some of these official.

There's a steam version, that I don't believe we can do anything about unless Thal returns to part-time work. I think that's at 3.15 still but I never downloaded from steam.

There's a github version, Expired has full access to that. When he can get to a computer I believe he will update that version with a bunch of bugfixes I found (simple stuff mostly), and that would be at 3.16 still. Those bugfixes are available through the forum here right now (I will be adding in removing the inflation effect as a "bug" as it seems to provide substantial quantities of gold unintentionally).

There's Eric's mod-mod, based off 3.16 I believe, but he hasn't updated it in a while. He has some unique views of balance at times, but may be seasoned to some tastes.

There's Expired's mod-mod which just adjusts the unit upgrade paths (arque to musket instead of arque to gatling) and unit promotion lines (spears are just melee and medic is available to melee units), this is based off 3.16

There's my mod-mod which does a major overhaul to various sections of the game, also based off 3.16 but effectively call it 3.17 as it's very different from the official mod (I threw out a lot of policy and economic changes). I didn't make it a mod-mod, it just overwrites the mod files. I may update these again as I've noticed a few things or come up with some ways to do things I wanted to do, but I would expect they're basically done for a while.

Given that I'm working/commenting on the dll mod and working with Gazebo, one should expect that these would be the sorts of views that I would be pushing for in that balance mod. So far, he seems inclined to take most of the leaders, wonders, buildings, and unit/promotion changes as is from CEP (I don't know if he means my version or the official, but whichever works), and then balance them further from there.

General economic changes, tech tree changes, and many policy changes are still up in the air. And religion changes are a complete mess.

Yeah, I'm in favor of porting all we can of CEP over, then chipping away what we don't need, what doesn't work and what the community deems we can do better. Sounds like policies and beliefs will be the elements most in need of an overhaul. I also think that a few leaders will be modified to take advantage of a few of the new traits I've made.

G

A few leaders will have to be modified for that purpose. I'd suggest US/Russia/Rome have some "expansionary" benefits under the modified happiness system (or unique buildings that do same), or some civ could use extra happiness from the luxury system, etc.

I will just upload you the versions I have set up for now. Most of the stuff I changed I would be pushing to chip away at (I took out a lot of things that were anti-minimalist), and/or involves policies and ideologies anyway.

Top Bottom