Requests for new components (and features)

An idea regarding espionage ratios: How about a button that sets the espionage weights according to a certain pattern, so that you don't have to manually set them?

The goal would be to set them in a way that you approximately match all of the other civ's espionage spending towards you, so you always have the edge over them in terms of espionage.

Best Regards,
Martin

An idea regarding espionage ratios: How about a button that sets the espionage weights according to a certain pattern, so that you don't have to manually set them?

The goal would be to set them in a way that you approximately match all of the other civ's espionage spending towards you, so you always have the edge over them in terms of espionage.

Best Regards,
Martin
I like it. We should also display their spending against us (providing it is UG).

The same benefits could be shown for other buildings like grocers and libraries. Show how much 25% actually is at the present science slider rate.

This is something I've wanted for a long time. It should be pretty easy to add I think.

I noticed this while playing my last game before looking at this mod and then was reminded when I looked up at the top while playing the mod. The text in the Great People Bar is not very readable on the yellow, the problem is that the background shifts from dark blue to yellow and text color is white all the time. I'd suggest making the background a lighter color (maybe Cyan?) and changing the text color to black.

I noticed this while playing my last game before looking at this mod and then was reminded when I looked up at the top while playing the mod. The text in the Great People Bar is not very readable on the yellow, the problem is that the background shifts from dark blue to yellow and text color is white all the time. I'd suggest making the background a lighter color (maybe Cyan?) and changing the text color to black.
Not to mention that the text for the tech is a little bit higher than the text for the GG and GP bars. Only a few pixels but ...

Ok first and foremost Liq loves bug. Love it to pieces, you guys are doing an amazing job.:goodjob:

So with that out of the way, shameless begging for an addition!:D

How about an optional 'beg counter' to tack onto the score listing in the bottom right corner?

Liq is assuming everyone else just hammers their pleased+ allies with beg requests to relieve them of their spare cash and so a counter for easy "oh lets say hi to BK!' would be fantastic!

Cheers!
-Liq

I've been talking to EF and dan about that very feature (I call it Begging Assistant). Problem is, you can't seem to get the values you need to display to the human, those that are non-spoiler-info (example: You know the % you can successfully ask for a gift. But, all you can get is whether or not you get a successful gift with the current random seed). Unless we figure out how to do that, there won't be such an issue (and I'd really LOVE that feature, I suggested it a few pages ago).

A possible solution would be to write in the savegame somewhere when there has been the last gift attempt, but that would be really screwed as soon as someone begs without BUG or with a later version...

Not looking for the "100% gonna get cash" looking more of a graphical timer to start hammering your friends for beer money. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Not looking for detailed spoiler info, just would like a cheap and easy graphical dinner bell. if there's no rhyme or reason for when chow is open again, oh well!

Cheers!
-Liq

Well, there is never a 100% chance you get a gift once you made one. Then there's the matter with the magnitude of the gift that is considered too...

If you want a "timer" telling you when to go on a begging spree, use Alt + M ;)

Well, there is never a 100% chance you get a gift once you made one. Then there's the matter with the magnitude of the gift that is considered too...

If you want a "timer" telling you when to go on a begging spree, use Alt + M ;)

I think he we was talking like a countdown time, hit alt-m put in X amount of turns and show, maybe top right, like when it shows "X amount of turns left". That would be nice to be able to put in "20 turn until WAR"

Ocean and Coast. Don't tell me I'm the only one who can't tell the difference between these two tiles. Can this be corrected somehow?

Ocean and Coast. Don't tell me I'm the only one who can't tell the difference between these two tiles. Can this be corrected somehow?
turn on yields and they are easy to tell apart

I think he we was talking like a countdown time, hit alt-m put in X amount of turns and show, maybe top right, like when it shows "X amount of turns left". That would be nice to be able to put in "20 turn until WAR"

More general: wouldn't it be nice if you could somehow see which reminders will arrive in the future. Some kind of list with the reminders that you've set. Ideally, you could even edit this list and create recurring reminders.

More general: wouldn't it be nice if you could somehow see which reminders will arrive in the future. Some kind of list with the reminders that you've set. Ideally, you could even edit this list and create recurring reminders.

Yes, that would be very nice...

Here's something I would like to see:
I would like to have espionage screens to see what your opponents are up to which are similar in format to the Customized Domestic Adviser. So instead of your cities, you get to see the same info but about their cities (granted you already have the information to see this information). Maybe even have an Espionage icon next to each city name which would allow you to run the "Investigate City" mission so you can gain more information about them to fill into these grids.

Is this doable and of interest to anybody?

Yes, I've wanted to do that for a while. Ideally it would go on the CTRL + TAB event log as a new tab, but I cannot find a way to add tabs to that window. :(

Here's something I would like to see:
I would like to have espionage screens to see what your opponents are up to which are similar in format to the Customized Domestic Adviser.

This would be doable. With debug mode, you can already do this, but it's cheating. So it shouldn't be too tough to add a dropdown for the rivals whose cities you can see. Can you post this to the SF.net feature tracker?

Yes, I've wanted to do that for a while. Ideally it would go on the CTRL + TAB event log as a new tab, but I cannot find a way to add tabs to that window. :(

That would be ideal, but if that isn't possible, then I wouldn't mind seeing it as an additional tab in another screen.

Really? Try diffing Warlords and BtS - they added the quest tab to BtS.

I don't think the BUG mod has anything new in the leader interaction windows. Is there a separate thread for that? That window is very modal so that you can't look up things while it's up - so it can be improved upon greatly perhaps. For instance, when a leader comes to you wanting to become your vassal - you might have forgotten that they were at war, etc...

For instance, when a leader comes to you wanting to become your vassal - you might have forgotten that they were at war, etc...

Just hit the Function keys to bring up the windows you want to see (e.g. F4 for Foreign Advisor). They work while that window is up. It was a long while before I thought to try that, and it's very handy.

Top Bottom