[BNW] Requests from A.I. to Denounce Civ

Titus Andronicus

Chieftain
I've played Civ V for a number of years now, but have never received a request from the A.I. to denounce another Civ. Has anyone seen anything like this often ? I usually play aggressively and will take a capital or two

Interesting, as I get a denounce request in the significant majority of my games. Some games, it will even happen more than once.

Are you playing at Deity? Do you accept DOFs?

Typically I will have DOF with both AIs, and the first AI asks me to denounce the second AI (which would earn me the backstab penalty). I decline, and more often than not, the first AI then immediately denounces me. If I do not have a DOF going with the second AI, then I almost always denounce. But it is unusual to get the denounce request when I do not have the DOF going with second AI.

I think to make that possible, the target AI will need to have a really deep negative diplo relation with the requesting AI, and you have to be in a dominant position (e.g. strong military) in the world politics. In my 34civ GiantEarth game i got denounce request 3-4 times.
Or, the requesting civ dont have the military enough to war the target civ so he/she request a helping denounce instead of joint war.

Top Bottom