Resource Expansion Packs

MAJOR UPDATE! File is now version 9 which fixes several bugs, and removes Nutmeg and Pepper. If you have downloaded this mod, you will need to download the new version to fix the game crashing errors that are in the Database.

UPDATE! Added in Horem's art for Oats, Pineapple, Peanuts, Potatoes, Hops and Soybeans. Also cleaned up the ArtDefines section to remove duplicate entries and unused ones. Once again, if I missed something, let me know and I will try to fix it. The modinfo number has also been changed.

your modpack is awesome ! i use it and i love it.

only one thing is not optimal :

on my maps ( huge size ) nearly the whole map is full with resources...thats a bit too much.

but still a great mod and lovely made !

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Glacierheart and Cryptic mentioned that they would be balancing it when they first released it, but I don't know if they still plan to. I'm thinking about trying to change the Lua to be like Barathor's in terms of balancing the number of resources, but I don't know how Lua works so that's a maybe.

Actually, I need some help. I discovered a typo with Hops that kept the graphics from showing up and fixed it, only for the graphics for Nickel, Platinum and presumably Lead to not show up. If someone could take a look at it for me, I would appreciate it (when you do, just add an s to Art Define Resource Hop).

Edit: Nevermind, found the problem. A new version that has the typos fixed has been uploaded. Because the version I'm using has several resources removed, I may not catch if there's an error with one of the resources, so please let me know if I missed one.

ok.will tell you when i see something wrong.:)

Since you uploaded a corrected version yesterday, I am not sure if the questions are relevant anymore, except the second one maybe.

I noticed that there isn't any map icons for some of the resources. Does that have something to do with the 'Atlas'? [possibly fixed?]

Another question; is it possible to export and modify some of the map graphics from Civ 4 and reconstitute them for use in Civ 5?

Do you mean for strategic view? Not all of the resource icons were made with strategic view icons but the base mod should have those. If that's what you're talking about I can take a look. I'm afraid that I don't know anything about exporting map graphics, so I can't help you there.

Hi Skaz881, my compliments, really good job!

I noticed that emerald has sapphire art and vice versa. I thought you wanted to know.
Keep up the good work!

yes, yes, the Strategic View. It is used to create or modify maps in the Worldbuilder, I haven't tested the newer version 9(June 3rd) in Worldbuilder yet.

Second question-sorry, my bad. I am using the wrong term 'map graphics' when talking about the actual in-game models and skins. What I was referring to were the 'terrain graphics'. They both use DDS files for model skins, but I don't know where the actual model files are stored. It doesn't matter anyway, as I noticed that some of the Civ 4 terrain graphics are kind of cheesy when compared to Civ 5.

*blinks in shock* You're right, and that's been there since before I adopted the mod! I never noticed that before, thanks for the spot!

I'll take a look through the mod, I think the Strategic View icons were already in the mod when I adopted it. Which resources aren't showing up for you?

right now, the additional resources that show up in Worldbuilder/Strategic View as white circles are:

Blue Crab/King Crab/Stone Crab <- I have vanilla Civ 5, so this is expected.
Coral
Lobster/Shrimp

Diamond/Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire

Lead/Nickel/Platinum

Cinnamon/Frankincense/Lavender/Myrrh/Saffron

Ginger, Titanium and Manganese show up as red/white checkerboards.

The rest do not show up at all in Worldbuilder. The game does recognize the added resources though.

It's possible that's happening because this pack was for random map generation, while the individual packs on Steam were made for Worldbuilder. I'll ask this question on Steam and see if that is the case. On the Steam page I found this: "If you prefer to make your own custom maps check out-
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=240124097

It's a collection of all the working resources, still in progress as well, to be used to create your own custom maps in world builder."

I hope this is more helpful.

I'm thinking about converting some of the resources to bonus resources instead of luxury ones to try to balance out the happiness factor. I want to do this to the grains and some of the fruit, but I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on which resources should get this treatment and whether or not the yields should be altered.

Im Not a Fan of this idea, cause i love to have a lot of cities all around the world, and for that its better to have high happiness values in resources, but thats only my opinion .

You should try contacting the author of the Nord resource mod and ask whether you or not you may incorporate his resources into your work - they are pretty nice.
Can't remember his name or if his mod is only on steam, but just search for "nord resources" and you should find him.

It has been so long since I have used this mod that I have forgot if this works on YNEAMP (Giant Map)?

Top Bottom