1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Resource trading / finding garrisoned units

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Harry Haller, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Harry Haller

Harry Haller Chieftain

Oct 24, 2005
    Two questions:

1. When you have the opportunity to trade resources with another civ, you will see a list of resources available for trade, and a number. For example:

Silk 1
    Gold 1
    Furs 2

Does the number refer to excess production of the resource, after your own use is taken into account? Or is it your total production of the resource? For example, if you see "Iron 1" and you offer a trade for iron, are you trading away your only iron, or excess iron?

2. Is there some way to review the units that you have garrisoned in the different cities? I Civ 3 (and in SMAC for that matter) you could see a list of all of your cities that showed the units stacked in each one. In Civ 3, you could also see your armies and great leaders. I can't find anything similar here.
  2. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Chieftain

Oct 15, 2005
    1. I cant say for sure, Im not a big trader type.

2. mousing over a city shows you what units are in there, it appears on the left side of your screen.
  3. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Dec 19, 2001
    Snack Food Capital of the World
    It is total production. If you trade one that has a 1 beside it you no longer have it.

There is also the military advisor screen that can be used to find units.