Resources: Locale.ConvertTextKey

I look forward to your progress...irrespective of it being a hack or mod, the lessons that come out of this are extremely useful.

Extension of "Tutorial:How to add new resource" mod by Kyoss.

Copper.jpg - See how it looks ingame

FontIconX.png - Image of new FontIcons file

I've expanded fonticons file to 256x512, making placeholders for a total of 253 glyphs.

CopperMod.zip - Contains adapted tutorial mod, adding copper to the game. Copy to your mods folder.

FontIconsX.dds.zip - Contains FontIconsX.dds, new fonticons file, copy it manually to Resource\DX9\ folder.

FontIcons.ggxml.zip - Contains FontIcons.ggxml which points to new fonticons file. This file should be copied over the existing file in Assets\DLC\Shared\UI\Art\Fonts\Font Icons\. If you don't have such folder, meaning you don't have DLC which adds stone, copy it to Assets\UI\Fonts\Font Icons\. Keep in mind that you are overwriting the original game file, so backup the original file before overwriting.

FontIcons.psd.zip - Contains adobe project with new fonticons image so you can add your own glyphs for resources, religions, yields, or whatever (150 new glyphs can fit into FontIconsX.dds). I have used DXT3 format, but maybe some other format will get better looking icons.

I'm here to help if something is not clear.

Hopefully, Gods & Kings expansion will bring us modular fonticons, so it can be properly modded.

:) Have fun.

Attachments

• copper.jpg
    copper.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 115
  • FontIconsX.png
    FontIconsX.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 129
  • CopperMod.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 76
  • FontIcons.ggxml.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 73
  • fonticons.psd.zip
    170.3 KB · Views: 53
  • FontIconsX.dds.zip
    34 KB · Views: 58
If the ggxml is in the VSF, then the resource font would be moddable, correct? Did you try that out?

I'm not using ModBuddy, so I don't know if it's in VSF. I have tried to add ggxml fonticons.dds manually into modinfo file, but it seems that those entries are ignored when mod is loading. So far, I can tell that ggxml is loaded only at main loading phase when intro is playing.

Copy FontIconsX.dds to Resource\DX9\
Create folder X in folder Assets\DLC\
Copy new FontIcons.ggxml to Assets\DLC\X\

It works! ;)

I'm experimenting with a Copper mod of my own. I have a few questions:

1.) What is the difference between <ArtDefineTag> and <ArtDefineTagHeavy>? And what is the <AltArtDefineTag> tag used for?

2.) Is it possible to change the color of the underlying terrain? I noticed that resources such as iron cause discoloration underneath the actual ore chunks that stick out of the ground. If we could use, say, the gold graphic and combine it with the gray discoloration of the ground that iron creates, that combination might make copper look distinctive enough to be differentiated from other resources.

3.) Where is a list of all the names of the font icons? Specifically, I want to know the names of the icons that show the colored flags. I might use that as a placeholder for the Copper font icon until a proper solution can be found.

Extension of "Tutorial:How to add new resource" mod by Kyoss.

Copper.jpg - See how it looks ingame

FontIconX.png - Image of new FontIcons file

I've expanded fonticons file to 256x512, making placeholders for a total of 253 glyphs.

CopperMod.zip - Contains adapted tutorial mod, adding copper to the game. Copy to your mods folder.

FontIconsX.dds.zip - Contains FontIconsX.dds, new fonticons file, copy it manually to Resource\DX9\ folder.

FontIcons.ggxml.zip - Contains FontIcons.ggxml which points to new fonticons file. This file should be copied over the existing file in Assets\DLC\Shared\UI\Art\Fonts\Font Icons\. If you don't have such folder, meaning you don't have DLC which adds stone, copy it to Assets\UI\Fonts\Font Icons\. Keep in mind that you are overwriting the original game file, so backup the original file before overwriting.

FontIcons.psd.zip - Contains adobe project with new fonticons image so you can add your own glyphs for resources, religions, yields, or whatever (150 new glyphs can fit into FontIconsX.dds). I have used DXT3 format, but maybe some other format will get better looking icons.

I'm here to help if something is not clear.

Hopefully, Gods & Kings expansion will bring us modular fonticons, so it can be properly modded.

:) Have fun.

Hi guys very interesting, Just wondering if you have any news about adding resources to the Top panel w/o "Hacking". I've followed the guides about making new resources VERY good indeed!

Top Bottom