Retrospective

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This was a pretty rocky game for the Mad Scientists. We started with (my opinion) fewer active players than the other teams, and ended up with HUSch carrying the game with very little input. I wanted to help more but simply could not find the time after work, wife, and kids. I ended up not playing civ at all for months, except when I subbed as TP a couple of times.

Our early diplomatic contacts came at terrible times in RL for the people best suited for diplomacy. We met one of Cav/Kaz (don't remember which) first, and that team worked as the middleman of a three way alliance. By the time we met Saturn and SANCTA, we were buried deep in 4th place. Several team members were reluctant to break our alliance with Cav and Kaz. I tried several times, unsuccessfully, to get the team to play the middle against both sides -- I had planned to pass off some unauthorized tech trades as mistakes made by a turn player with vague instructions. :mischief:

It seemed pretty clear to me that either we had terrible land, or the other teams had much better players. I'll be the first to admit, I struggle to survive to the middle ages on prince. I have no idea what level the other MS players play...

In retrospective, a total new experience.

I've had a lot of trouble with the game speed. I like quick and fast games and I didn't realize fully how long this game would take.

I also had a lot of trouble with following the game with some screen shots. I don't know how people do this.

I usually play at monarch, but multiplayer is totally different. Single player means most of the time at war (or it feels like that), multi player is a different game. Only the micromanagement is the same.

A big thanks to Husch for keeping the MS alive!

I can only play/make the turn like other say, but I didn't have any ideas. After there wasn't input, i could only support our allies.

I think you guys got the rough end of the stick, with so few active members. It's hard to keep a team together when there's hardly anyone to talk with. I guess this is an argument for having at least one veteran and committed member on each team next time, to make sure things are organized and run smoothly.

Top Bottom