RevDCM+GEM: 1 problem

apelsinlax

Chieftain
I am playing a plain GEM map on latest RevDCM. The "merge" seems ok everywhere since basically it was only civs and leaders that needed moving, I think.

The only problem I have seen so far is that when I met Chinese Rebels lead by Chiang I can talk with him etc and his leader shows up in the foreign advisor screen BUT he is not on the scoreboard. Any idea what could be causing the civ missing from the scoreboard so I can try to fix it?

Thanks for any help. Also this is my first time trying RevDCM and I have got an amazing gamefeeling so far! :goodjob:

Never heard of that before. Did you delete the python files before updating? There would be some conflicts in the diplo if you didn't (means you wol't be able to respond to any leaders, if diplo works right, this is not the problem).

Assuming you took care of the 4 old files that needed to be removed, the first thing you need to do is run civchecker by davidllalen. It's in the utilities forum.

Wow, thanks for ultrafast response! Also lol at me for just checking good old BUG tab realizing I had max 23 civs on scoreboard so that problem is solved.

Now just because I am curious and tries to learn may I ask which these 4 old files that needed removed are?

Basically I did the merge like this (I have basically 0 experience):
1. Install RevDCM
2. GEM CIV4CivilizationInfos and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos but using the RevDCM barbciv and minorciv entries (is this needed?)
3. GEM Art, CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead and some defines for buildings and units (too be sure)
4. GEM Textfiles

That's it I think. No problems, errors or strange messages so far but I do not know about weird behaviour that is not obvious at first glance. I hope I am ok :) but I don't know anything about this yet so hard to tell!
I welcome every scrap of info with open arms!

As far as the removed files are concerned, they don't matter since you didn't use any GEM python, and instead just used RevDCM's. Of course this may mean some stuff is missing if GEM had any of it's own, non RevDCM python code in it, I just don't know because I don't know much about GEM.

It's really difficult to explain the process behind merging mods, also the answer is always "it depends". Without going through and actually doing alot of work myself comparing the two mods, I can't accurately explain the specifics to you. I'm not willing to do this; the process of merging is on the moder themself that wants to do the merge and it would require many hours of tedius work to do correctly. I don't mean this in a mean spirited way, just stating the facts. And all that said if you have a specific error I will most definetly try to help you with that, but general open ended questions generally have broad, open ended answers.

I also recommend all modders check their work with civchecker, it's a damn useful utility created by davidllanen that finds many types of critical bugs for you:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276286

Sorry to bring up this topic again:

has anyone ever figured out how to play GEM Maps with RevDCM?

I desperately tried to figure out how it could work but I'm not a modder...

Top Bottom