Revolution IOT

Third post updated. Bask in the glory.

League of Urun

Spoiler :

Capital: Vancouver Island
Government: Confederation

The League of Urun is a unique nation. It is actually made up of 7 different nations: The Kingdom of Hawaii, The Republic of Breton, The Cornwall Confederation, The Merchant Republic of Kuwait, The Tokyo Shogunate, The Principality of Seattle, and the Empire of Vancouver.

The Empire of Vancouver is the closest thing to a leading nation that the league has. The Emperor of Vancouver is also the Premier of Urun. However each country retains a great deal of freedom, and as instant communication is impossible across such far flung distances, the individual nations in the league typically will respond to local diplomacy and handle local matters on their own, sending periodical reports to Vancouver. The various countries will also generally organize their own armed forces, meaning the military of the League is often split unless multiple members agree on a course of action.

You may wonder how this all came out. Essentially, as the world collapsed, the regions around Vancouver and Seattle were ignored. They weren't important amidst such chaos. But strangely enough, they saw a massive influx of refugees as much of the rest of the continent saw war and famine and plague and coups and who knows what else. Soon, Vancouver and Seattle began to develop into actual cities, quite rapidly in fact. They began to expand their power, and by 1810 they came into conflict themselves. Vancouver came out on top with the 'King' of Seattle becoming a Prince instead and swearing fealty to the newly proclaimed Emperor of Vancouver. From there the Emperor gathered as many pre-revolution ships as possible, including a british ship of the line that was being repaired in Vancouver before the revolution. With this ragtag fleet, he sailed out to Hawaii to conquer a base for his Empire in the pacific. He succeeded.

By this time, he began to see that Vancouver would never make it as a far flung empire in this time of chaos. He began to ponder on this and eventually settled on creating a League of Nations united under his rule, so that communication issues won't hamstring his Empire and the local authorities can deal with things. Settling that, he sent his son with what was a great fleet (for the post revolution time period) to see what was happening in europe. The son found the continent in chaos, and quickly set about setting up his own power base there, establishing the Confederation of Cornwall and the Republic of Breton, and much of the upper and successful middle class now derives from the officers of the fleet that came over during that time. This has allowed Breton and Cornwall to become the main naval force of the League. However the son sent a rear admiral to make the return voyage back with what parts of the fleet hadn't permanently settled in the new lands. On his way back around Africa, he came into contact with a small state of Kuwait, a Merchant Republic. In return for ensuring Kuwait entered the League, he led a military campaign and captured the Straits of Hormuz for Kuwait, and the rear admiral found himself promoted and celebrated as a hero upon his return to Vancouver for bringing in yet another nation to the League.

Now, all 7 nations send an ambassador to Vancouver who can act on behalf of the home country in all matters. This includes voting for war and treaties and laws, as well as political maneuvering in general. In all matters each ambassador has 1 vote except the ambassador from Vancouver who is the Emperor himself and he gets 2 votes. However as long as the Emperor and his son maintain their current alliance in the 'Forum' as it is called, they have 3 votes between themselves directly as well as strong influence in Seattle and Breton respectively. Kuwait is normally a wild card, looking out for their merchant interests, and Hawaii can occasionally get bogged down in Custom and tradition, and in any case they envy how most of the League's naval power comes from Cornwall and Breton.

Now, the League ranks among the most powerful entities in the world, however as other nations form out of the past troubled years, it finds itself at a disadvantage when it is so decentralized. However, the Emperor is sure it can survive.

What are free trade and trade agreements in this game?

What are free trade and trade agreements in this game?

Trade

Trade equals (Sum of Owned Provinces+Sum of World Factories*2)/100.

There are three levels of bilateral trade.

Normal Trade: Uses above formula
Favored Trade Partner/Trade Agreement: Increases trade income between the two or more signatories
Free Trade: Greatly increases trade income between two or more signatories

Embargoes reduces trade income among warring parties. Successful blockades can halve the target's trade.

The higher the trade level, the bigger the bonus, but also the bigger the risk of economic downturns and other mega events spreading.

Spoiler :

Thankee Bair.

I know Bair. I just didn't like the sound of Brittany so Breton is now a noun as well :p

Changed costs a bit.

Armies cost 5 EP. Fleets 10 EP. Factories 5 EP. Expansion uses Leadership Points, with each LP being able to claim two provinces.

Also, game starts tomorrow.

So for neutral provinces do we need army or naval powers?

Leadership points. One leadership point can claim 2 provinces.

Country Name: Unitary State of America
Government: Unitary Imperial Republic
Map of Claims: Capital at Washington DC
History tbw

What use are factories besides increasing global trade? How much EP do they yield?

The Great and Holy Orthodox Empire of Ethiopia

Flag subject to potential change

Government: The Grand Patriarch is the head of the government and the True and Holy Ethiopian Tewahedo Orthodox Church. The Council of Disciples elects a new Grand Patriarch when the old one dies.
Religion: The True and Holy Orthodox Church of Ethiopia (A split off of the Oriental Othodox Christian Church.)
Current Leader: Alemayehu Tamrat
History: To be established along with other info

Spoiler :

I have made considerations to use a map I used in the past...

Spoiler rough map I made in the past that I will reconsider for this game :

I will be doing my leadership etch later on.

Top Bottom