RFC Civilizations in Abundance

I would play this if not for the awful 'Native Americans'. Has anybody taken them out?

You can easily prevent them from spawning: open RiseAndFall.py and search for "def initBirth". Then add the following lines marked in red:
Code:
def initBirth(self, iCurrentTurn, iBirthYear, iCiv):
       [COLOR="Red"] if iCiv == con.iNativeAmericans and utils.getHumanID() != iCiv:
                return[/COLOR]

[rest of the code]
This will stop the Native Americans from spawning unless you have selected them as your own civ. Note that I don't have CiA available at the moment and the Native American identifier "con.iNativeAmericans" is only a guess; to make sure you have to look up the civ constants in Consts.py.

I don't know if it's been reported yet, but when I tried to play as America from the 600 AD Scenario, it starts me in 600 AD with a catapult in Antarctica and won't move the turn timer any farther forward. I know its a bug, but how do I fix it?

I think Jarkov isn't reading here currently, but maybe I can offer some help instead. The catapult thing indicates that the Python code has encountered an error so the Python module controlling the spawn shut down before it's finished.

The issue that caused this might be trivial - but you need to enable logging for me to find out. Open "My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini" with a text editor and set "LoggingEnabled = 1" (you can also activate error messages with "HidePythonExceptions = 0" so you instantly know when one occurs). Show me what you find in "My Games/Beyond the Sword/Logs/PythonErr.log" when it occurs again.

Jarkov said he was going to add Mughal India and probably others.

What's odd is that he's not gone, he's just not posting here. He logged activity on the 12th, a mere 3 days ago.

First, nice mod. Second, some UHV are just too hard now.

One example is India. In the regular RFC, you had to found judaism, buddhism, hindhuism, christianity and Islam to get the 5 religions.
Now you need to beeline to priesthood to get buddhism some turns before Babylon's spawn (because Babylon starts with priesthood and meditation and will automatically found buddhism). In several games I played, only once buddhism was an Indian religion. The most common religious landscape in the world is a major buddhist bloc ruled by the apostolitic palace, isolated hindhu India and Confucean eastern civs and almost always no christian or jewish holy cities.

The Beeline forces India to skip judaism ; and the atrocious tech penalty which ends in 600AD is awful enough to skip islam too. I managed (monarch difficulty) to get divine right by bulbing between 600AD and arabia's spawn but that implied to not expand for a while keeping Dehli busy with forced priests (4/5 to be sure to have at least 4 priests) and with the inevitable inability to found Tashkashila or Lahore because Dehli needed the extra food from the wheat and the sugar, you lose precious turns of settler/worker production for further expansion for the last UHV.

Now you need to steal the two Chinese religions. That's doable but only if you start from Tashkashila or Lahore, pray for the Persian to stay peaceful (thanks for having given them extra units) and be really lucky not to get a great scientist first as you need to build an early library to run 2 scientists to get calendar on time after oracling maths, and schedule your first great person to be a priest while you waste research to monotheism to bulb part of theology. The main trouble is that the first tile you'll improve is the sugar (marble quarry excepted) relying on eventual trades to get a least the worker techs (Maths, calendar and theology are usually enough to get also iron working). You'll get your golden age at a time your land is unimproved, but you'll have plenty of time to play a builder game, in a perfect world but...

...Finally comes the plague. It ALWAYS strikes my land and ALWAYS all my cities are reduced to one pop cities! Granaries and Aqueduc are always priorities when I play India. When the plague occurs I ALWAYS have lot of health excedents, but it appears almost ALWAYS in my lands, never spread to the open bordered - road linked Persia, and if so, it last longer in my cities, and then, I almost ALWAYS lose the third UHV.

a hard India is a good thing, but some help would be nice. For example, reducing the plague total devastation, increasing the odds to get the health event or add some health ressources in the Mumbaï area, like a crab or a clam and later a corn, giving an access to Tibet (Do you know Katmandou?), reducing or delaying a bit the spawn of war elephants

Hello All,

I hope everyone enjoys this mod as much as I do. That said, I think I found a bug in the German UHV which heretofore has not been raised. Maybe some of you have encountered it or know what mistake I am making to cause it. It goes like this:

I settle the required colonies in Africa and Oceania without any serious problems, 1st UHV goal ticks off with a "YES." Conquered Italy early on and knocked out Spain in order to have more "control" of France. Then I work my way to eliminating the French and Greeks by 1940 (and occupying/settling their lands), and finishing off Scandinavia and Russia (likewise settling/occupying, and with Russia driving them back to the other side of the Urals). But for UHV 2 I'm told "Not Yet", and in 1945 for UHV 3 again "Not Yet."

Needless to say there were many games I Was told "NO" when not satisfying the required goals. This time I played on waiting for the "Not Yet" to morph into something conclusive, but it was not to be. And so it was that the game I thought I won turned into a quagmire with no Historical Victory in sight, my deadlines having come and gone and "Not Yet" in my mind became "Not Ever," so I quit that game and haven't tried Germany since.

Has anyone beat the German UHV, and what should I have done differently to likewise win? Or is this just a bug in the coding?

German non-Victory 1953.jpg

German non-Victory 1953(2).jpg

The exact same thing happened to me as Germany. I had to play regular RFC to win as Germany historically, and it wasn't easy.

Well till Jarkov comes back not much can be done. Perhaps try DoC in the future if he doesn't, I think the HRE-Germany split is going to be added there at some point.

Okay so I patched my game to the latest compatible version and downloaded this into my mods folder but for some reason when I start up the mod and go to scenarios the only option I'm given is to load a quick save. None of the civ scenarios are there, is there something I might have done wrong?

It is in my programs not my games right?

It is under My Games/Beyond the Sword/MODS. The Rise of Mankind mod works just fine there, but not this one.

Try it in the program file (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods but yours will probably be slightly different)
That should solve your problem, if not just say and I will try and work out what is wrong.

That should work but it says I have a creation output error so I'll have to look into that. But thanks alot

Okay so... I think I have a little problem with the mod --'... I downloaded the mod into my mods folder ( Civilization IV/Beyond the Sword/Mods ), and then in the game I went in Advanced > Load a mod > RFC Civilizations in Abundance. I clicked on and waited for the loading ; the game stopped for the mod's loading and then... nothing :eek: . What happened :confused: ??? I have to restart the game but there is no changes.
Can you help me please :cry: ?

P.S. : My game have been updated to the latest version. May be the versions are not compatible...

Top Bottom