[RFC] Deutsch Ehre: Die Geschichte von Deutschland

Tambien

Theseus, Duke of Athens
Hello all! I have decided to start a story, and hope to see it to its completion. I will be playing as Germany in 3.19 BTS RFC. Among other things, my goals will be too:

1) Write in a [somewhat] history book type way.
2) Write in a fiction book sort of way (with characters and scenes and all that)

3) Establish a German Empire encompassing Italy, Greece, the eastern USSR, and possibly even parts of France.
4) Establish German colonial dominance in at least part of North America, prefrably Washington DC or lower, but Canada is acceptable too.
5) Not accept ANY revolutions whatsoever in my territory.
6) If possible destroy the Arabians.

I might even decide to take over a swath of land leading to India, who knows?

Well, I hope I can do that! Anyway, the first part of DEDGvD should be up sometime tonight or tomorrow, as it is only a half day for me. See ya then!

NOTE: This will be taking a backseat to my IOT and RP, so depending on how much homework I have it might/might not get updated.

Looks nice. Germany is easy compared to other nations.
Only the Dutch should be revolting if you expand like normal.

Deutsch Ehre: Die Geschichte von Deutschland
The Early Years

Little is known of Deutschland in the early years, and this is mainly due to their lack of a reliable dating system. No dates are stated in this chapter, as they are not known. We can’t even guess! The one date that we do know for certain, however, is 840 AD. This is when the Deutsch people finally created a singular political entity.

A common misconception among historians is that Stettin was founded in 840. In fact, this was the date when Kaiser Lothair I was coronated by the tribal schamane. He quickly issued orders for the Deutschen to diperse to the surrounding countryside and set up encampments. He accompanied the group of what would later become known as Die Siedler von Stettin, or settlers of Stettin.

“The Scattering of the Settlers” by Bismark Hannov

When exactly Stettin was founded is unclear, but one thing is. Stettin quickly became a great center of commerce and opportunity. It was the only major Deutsch settlement for many years. It was great enough to attract the attention of the French to the west, but that was not all. Stettin also got the attention of the wealthy Kingdom of Frankfurt to the south west. According to contemporaneous historians, the people of the city realized how much better Deutschland was than them. So, they overthrew the evil tyrant that had been ruling them. Modern historians, however, have found Frankfurtian histories buried in the tunnels below the modern city. They tell a very different story, one of Deutsch assassins and spies, that managed to overthrow the government with the help of the Frankfurt Military. In the end, Frankfurt ceased to be a separate entity and was annexed by Deutschland.

“Frankfurt At The Time of Annexation” by Ansgar Amsel

Frankfurt brought one important ingredient with it when it was annexed, and that was Christianity. The word of Christ quickly spread throughout Deutschland, arriving as Stettin within a year. At this point it was not strong enough to become the State Religion of Deutschland.

Another good reason that the adoption of Christianity as the State Religion was the recent reforms of Kaiser Lothair.

“The Reforms of Lothair I” by Engelram Baum

Reign of Kaiser Charles I

At some point in the late 800s, most likely around 888, Kaiser Lothair I died. The accounts of his death vary, ranging from poisoning by Frankfurt separatists to a quiet death in bed, attended by his family. I will make no effort to postulate the exact manner in which he died, as there are too many possible options.

However, one thing is known. His son, Charles, immediately took the throne for himself. His two younger siblings were never heard from again, but there were reports that heads that looked just like theirs were uncovered in forests south of Stettin later that year. The reports were never substantiated, of course, but they only served to add to the growing mythos surrounding Kaiser Charles.

He was called “Charles the Bloody” by his enemies, and “Charles the Strong” by his friends. Both nicknames were accurate. Under his reign more people were executed than under his three descendants combined. However, he also strong-armed his advisors into making many of the right decisions. During his reign the settlements of Riga and Budapest reached new heights, becoming great cultural centers for Deutschland.

“Städte Riga und Budapest“ by Degenhard Montag

But that was not all. During his reign much greater things would take place. Paramount among them was the siege and capture of Constantinople. The 1st Axeman Division and the 1st Catapult Division were ordered by Charles to invade the failing Byzantines to the south. The armies advanced quickly, to find that Konstantinopel was already under siege by barbarians.

The barbarians exhausted themselves charging the city, but their brethren that had been raiding the Annatolian countryside came to their aid. The horsearchers overwhelmed the defenses of the great city, and the barbarians took it. But the men of Deutschland were stronger after the losses that barbarians had suffered. They took the city from the barbarians quickly, and Kaiser Charles I commissioned a mosaic to be built in his palace that showed the triumph at Konstantinopel.

“Victory at Constantinople Mosaic” commissioned by Kaiser Charles I

Konstantinopel became a symbol of Deutsch strength, and it also became the major center of the administration in the Balkans and Anatolia.

At this time, administrators of the Kaiser compiled a list of civilizations that Deutschland was in contact with, and maps of the various regions of Deutschland.

This was to be the last great triumph of Charles I reign. He was assassinated by a disgruntled relative of an executed noble. Charles had a son, aged 18 and named Charles II, that took over as Kaiser.

Someone likes using GIMP for effects. ;) Which is a really cool way of using the screenshots!

Subbed. Good story, carry on...

:agree: great job.

update your RFC when you finish this and the RP.

@Tambien
it's old.
I could also open the savegame in the RP if you updated.

Do not make Deutschland lose... or you will face my wrath. Ich bin Deutsch. on my mom's side.

Awesome start! :goodjob:

Why oh why did I tell him how to do those effects :shake:

naah just kiddin. looks good Tambien. I wouldn't have placed the slider that far to the right but this way it does give more of an "artistic" feeling to the pictures :)

Subbed. Great start.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING for all us Americans :)

And an early HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY once again for all us Americans. :)

I am planning on getting an iPad 2 on BF, how about you?

Oh you Americans.

Top Bottom