RFC DoC in Steam

Blue Sun

Chieftain
Hi everybody:

Apologies if I write any mistake (I'm not a native speaker and my english is a bit rusty) or this question has been answered in another thread.

I bought Civ4 BTS many years ago and played RFC DoC for several years... until my old computer crashed. After that, I bought a new laptop (running with Windows 11). My old Civ4 CD didn't run on it, so I had to re(buy) Civ4 BTS by Steam. But, to my horror, RFC DoC didn't work either.
I tried to install the latest update (3.19) without success, and my computer knowledge is like an archer attacking a rifleman.

Any suggestion or idea?

Thanks.

If you are using Steam this update will be installed automatically. But you should also switch to old GameSpy version using these instructions: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=steam .
I followed those instructions and the game
If you are using Steam this update will be installed automatically. But you should also switch to old GameSpy version using these instructions: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=steam .
Hi. I followed the instructions and then...

How can I fix it???

Thanks

Sin título2.jpg
Sin título.jpg

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 26
  • Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Please set your game to English before loading the mod.

Did you try and lunch the game from play now? I noticed on your screen your using the play scenario screen. That's been outdated for awhile. I play on Steam all I needed to so was use the beta that restores the old files and it worked.

I noticed Steam itself is also in another language that may be a problem, unsure since I use all English.

Did you try and lunch the game from play now? I noticed on your screen your using the play scenario screen. That's been outdated for awhile. I play on Steam all I needed to so was use the beta that restores the old files and it worked.

I noticed Steam itself is also in another language that may be a problem, unsure since I use all English.
Thanks. All the scenarios appear when I follow your instructions (by "play now"), but the game turn off when I choose a civilization and launch it.
I've also changed Steam language to english

Try deleting the RFC DoC mod folder in the game folder and also in My documents, then re-download the installer for that MOD and install again using the installer.

When I was having a problem similar to yours, this managed to solve it for me, but I use the GOG version and not Steam, so I don't know if it will work for you too

Hi again:

I tried every instruction. The game still crashes. These are the options I choose:
After the last image, the game starts loading before disconnecting.

(Ooops, the images are in reverse order)

😭
5.jpg
6.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

1.jpg

One thing more....

If I try installing all the components, the game does not work.,.

Sin título.jpg

Are there any non-English characters in your game installation path? Sometimes if one of your folders contains a non-English character in its name, it makes some older games crash or unable to launch, but I don't know if this is related to your DoC problem :(

Are there any non-English characters in your game installation path? Sometimes if one of your folders contains a non-English character in its name, it makes some older games crash or unable to launch, but I don't know if this is related to your DoC problem :(
Hi:
My mod was installed in this folder.

Sin título.jpg

Everything seems right, but the mod is still not working :( (the date is from my last attempt)

You have to install the mod into the game directory, not your documents directory.

You have to install the mod into the game directory, not your documents directory.
I'm an idiot....

It worked!!!

Thanks, Leoreth.

By the way, your mod is my favourite. It's the main reason I bought the game by Steam when I failed installing my old Civ4 BTS cd-rom in my new laptop

Sin título.jpg

Top Bottom