RFC earth map ?

Always glad to make a service to the humanity...

I downloaded it as well, and i am happy with it as well. i think Greeks are misplaced as the "Byzantium" empire, but i will test it soon. this will be fun.

Thanks wolf!

Edit:

Maya, Vikings, Rome, egypt, carthage, portugal, netherlands missing. USA missing, maybe only because i chose the natives.
either way the map is great. the civ's are spaced out enough to prevent clusters (mid-east, europe) and plays out decently fast. i keep trying to avoid the non-existant marshes!

Everything in the gameplay is just fine, fast and efficient. a great contribution.

Maya, Vikings, Rome, egypt, carthage, portugal, netherlands missing.

I've mentoined that I couldn't fit more then 18 civs whithout crashing even with the 40civs *.dll, so I had to pick civs. I picked Native America instead of USA for realism and for more resistance to Monty the Maniac. They start at the Great Plains.

I placed Greeks at the Straits because I like to see the city at the Straits being founded. Should have replaced Greece with Byzantium, through.

Since the Romans occupy an owercrowded spot on the map, I replaced them with Khmer to keep China and India somewhat in line. A slightly stronger Mongolian start position also somewhat restricts China. Tokugawa, however, without RFC bonuses, will suck like he already does on Earth18.

I predict that Egypt will be less powerful then on Earth18, due to their inability to farm floodplains and chop Congo jungles before Biology. Incas will not suffer from Earth18 land bug and will expand to the rest of South America.

if i make a colony on this map, does it create a new civ or independent leader?

With 18 civs, creating a colony is impossible. If a civ is already eliminated at that point, that, I think I've read somewhere, makes the 3.13 colony bug enter in all its glory. I think BetterAI fixes that...

Or maybe creating a colony would still be impossible, I dunno. I never tired to make a colony on a that kind of map.

Just for the fun of it, the attachment now contains new version where the Greeks are replaced by the Byzantines, the Chinese capital moved to Luoyang and Tokugawa changed to suck less. Also, as a tribute to Rhye, Aggressive AI, No tech brokering and Choose religions are enabled by default. (you can still change these options in Custom Game).

I have made the Dynamic City Names part of RFC as a standalone mod.

In my version of the map I used the 18 civs from Earth18Civs (amongst others: with Rome, without Khmer, etc.)

I didn't add any more changes like lone wolf did (like the no-floodplains-farming), but it could be added.

This thread looks like a good place to request a regular game RFC earth map, with all the civs of RFC, and dynamic city names, and the funky civ renamer... like Fierabras's, but with more civs (and the civ renamer)!

Pleeease? (I'm timing any good soul out there against the time it'll take me to learn this stuff and make it on my own)

Top Bottom