RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

I'm not sure
Since it's easily exploitable, it's a bug in my eyes

I'm not sure
Since it's easily exploitable, it's a bug in my eyes

For the human player, yes. But it isn't very easy to get the Knight Templar Corp.

If you want then we can make the Kinght's Templars to be able to move in foreign territory in peacetime (it's current speciality), and have a commando promotion (can use enemy roads in war)

But they should still be removed from enemy territory when war is declared, like all the other units

If you want then we can make the Kinght's Templars to be able to move in foreign territory in peacetime (it's current speciality), and have a commando promotion (can use enemy roads in war)

But they should still be removed from enemy territory when war is declared, like all the other units

I think that commando is too strong if it can move through foreign territory. But I agree it should be removed from the enemy territory when war is declared.

But I agree it should be removed from the enemy territory when war is declared.

Hmm, I don't understand. Then why did you say it's not a bug?
We were talking about this in the first place...

It isn't a bug. Templar Knights have the ability to move through empires, even if you haven't open borders. All units with this feature won't be forced to the border when you declare war.

I first thought maybe we could change the default behavior for all units that use this ability. It wouldnt hurt if we kick out Great Merchants and Caravels too (to safe them). Spies would stay, because they use another mechanic in addition: invisibility.

But, it seems that this can not be done, as there is no special function that gets called upon declaration of war that kicks units out. Instead all open border deals get cancelled and then the normal canEnterTerritory-logic is applied on all units.

So if we wanno kick those units out, we have to do it manually.

Hmm, I don't understand. Then why did you say it's not a bug?
We were talking about this in the first place...

It isn't a bug because units with the "can enter a foreign civ without OB" should stay when war is declared. It's meant to be this way. So technically, it isn't a bug.
The only units with this feature are normally spies and some GP, so it doesn't matter if they stay where the are when war is declared. This situation doesn't fit the Templar Knights, because they are a fighting units instead of a spy or a GP.

Oh, so it was only a misunderstanding with the wording...
Nevermind then, I agree with you in everything.
We should still solve this somehow, and move the Templars out of enemy borders when war is declared...

Caliom, any other ideas for that? What did you mean by manually?

Oh, so it was only a misunderstanding with the wording...
Nevermind then, I agree with you in everything.
We should still solve this somehow, and move the Templars out of enemy borders when war is declared...

Caliom, any other ideas for that? What did you mean by manually?

I mean that this could turn out to be difficult to implement.
At least it isnt done by changing just a few lines of some existing code.

The flag bEnemyTerritory is used in the function canEnterTerritory. This is a low level function that gets called by many other functions. And there is no chance to alter the default behavior there. We have to implement it at rather high level.

Lets say that at some point you loop through all units, check for UnitType==Templar and then call jumpToNearestValidPlot to kick them out of territory. Then you might end up in enemy territory again, because jumpToNearestValidPlot calls canEnterTerritory at some point.

Thats just one thing that could cause problems, there might be more.

I was playing a game as Spain and essentially had the first UHV, but my prosecutor was unable to remove the Judaism in Toledo. I noticed the city has the Temple Mount, perhaps that is why it couldn't be removed? Unless you want to force us to conquer Cordoba or Portugal if they get it, before they build the Temple Mount, the prosecutor should be able to remove the religion. If you get stuck with the city with the Temple Mount built the only way around it that I could think of would be to gift the city to another civ then attack and raze the city.

Attachments

• spainprosecuter.jpg
    spainprosecuter.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 84
I was playing a game as Spain and essentially had the first UHV, but my prosecutor was unable to remove the Judaism in Toledo. I noticed the city has the Temple Mount, perhaps that is why it couldn't be removed? Unless you want to force us to conquer Cordoba or Portugal if they get it, before they build the Temple Mount, the prosecutor should be able to remove the religion. If you get stuck with the city with the Temple Mount built the only way around it that I could think of would be to gift the city to another civ then attack and raze the city.

Wasn't there an option to examine the city before you raze it. You cannot prosecute religion out of a city with a wonder that requires this religion. Otherwise you would have to either destroy the wonder or end up with a city with the Dome of the Rock and no Muslims in it.

Wasn't there an option to examine the city before you raze it. You cannot prosecute religion out of a city with a wonder that requires this religion. Otherwise you would have to either destroy the wonder or end up with a city with the Dome of the Rock and no Muslims in it.

Yeah there was, I just didn't bother examining it since I wanted the city. Since this isn't a bug, it'd be nice to mention that prosecutors can't remove religions in cities with certain building on their civilopedia page.

Yeah there was, I just didn't bother examining it since I wanted the city. Since this isn't a bug, it'd be nice to mention that prosecutors can't remove religions in cities with certain building on their civilopedia page.

You are right
Maybe we can even add this (and a few other recent changes) as a new hint on game loading

That's a holy city building in effect

Persecuting a religion could cause all affiliated buildings to be removed.

The more buildings removed the more money you receive. Wonders could give you a lot of gold.

3Miro, can you check the polish UHV for Beta 12?
The Temple Mount can cause some bugs there
The UHV should be: build those cathedrals, and own 2 jewish quarters

Persecuting a religion could cause all affiliated buildings to be removed.

The more buildings removed the more money you receive. Wonders could give you a lot of gold.

Prosecution already removes all affiliated buildings, it is just that you cannot destroy wonders.

Top Bottom