RFC: How do I won with Babylon?

Otaku-sama

Warlord
I'v been trying for a Historical victory as Babylonia, but I can't seem to fullfill making a super Babylon because I can't seem to found Babylon. I usually settle the hill north of the floodplains to avoid the unhealthiness, but it's never called Babylon or Babili. How do I get this right?

The spot where you found a city determines its name. You cannot complete Babylon's UHV if you settle anywhere other than your starting position, unfortunately.

Was the wierd symbol on the U added for that purpose?

I wonder if that would work... The circumflex (^) was added above the letter because all names of cities are translated (and in this case, transliterated) to the name it is in the language of the people of who founds it (e.g. Rome in English is Roma in Latin and Italian).

If you need that character, just run "charmap" in the start menu.

why don't you try renaming the city

No, IIRC that won't work either. The city name for the victory condition is attached to the square. Therefore, for a Babylonian UHV, you have to found the city on the plot you start. It's obviously not an ideal location, but that's how it works. If you try for another victory condition, moving a little from health hell might be a good idea. This also applies to the French UHV, Paris has to be where that settler is.

Top Bottom