RFC Koreans

Jarkov

Warlord
RFC - Koreans:
a modmod that introduces the Koreans as an additional, playable civilization, without removing any of the other civs.

This mod features:

- Koreans playable both in the 3000 BC and the 600 AD scenarios
- The Korean UP:
"The Power of Perseverance: Stability hits upon losing cities are reduced"
- The Korean UHVs:
- "Acquire through trade or otherwise three silk resources by 455 AD (3000 BC scenario) or 850 AD (600 AD scenario)"
- "Be the first civilization to discover printing press"
- "Don't lose any cities to the Chinese or the Japanese before 1945"

Not yet implemented:

- historically fitting colour for the Koreans. At the moment "PLAYERCOLOR_LIGHT_PURPLE" is used as the Korean's colour, which is a bit darker than the Indian purple.

Possible changes in the future:

- a different UP, as the current one is not very beneficial
- changes with the UHVs, for a more historic gameplay

As of yet, the Koreans use the Chinese city map (for city names), for cities in China and Japan. While cities in Korea and Manchuria already have Korean names, it is possible that in the future, the Korean names for Chinese and Japanese cities will be added too.

While the text files have all been made in a way that allows for playing in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish, I apologize in advance to French, Italian and Spanish players. The text concerning the Koreans (in regards to their UP and UHVs) is probably very faulty, as my knowledge of these languages is very limited.

While this mod is based on the RFC Epic/Marathon modmod, the UHVs have not yet been adapted to other speeds than normal (which affects only the first one, but still), as I usually don't play in other speeds, and thus do not have the required experience to change them accordingly. I also usually don't play in any difficulty above Viceroy, so it could be possible that one of the first UHV may not be doable in the higher difficulties.
In both cases I rely on feedback by other players to change this, so please don't hold back.

Many thanks are going to Rhye (not only for his mod, but his discipline in commenting every one of his changes, without which this probably wouldn't have been possible), and those who have helped me in the process (especially by reminding me to allow python exceptions again, without that, I probably would have gone crazy).

The files can be found here.

In addition, I've attached a txt file, in which I have counted all the changes that have to be made in order to add a new civ to Rhye's, to make it easier for other modders to do the same.

Last Update:

Txt.file: 22.11.2010

Attachments

• Adding_new_Civilizations_for_RFC.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,347
Nice to see it released! Will try them out soon.

To adjust the UHV to different game speeds, you simply have to use embryodeads getTurnForYear(int year) method.

Good idea ! does it mean that you'll be able to do the Byzantines, Prussians and Koreans soon in DoC, Leoreth ?

Let's wait how everything turns out here, first :)

Edit: The textfile you added would be extremely helpful. But I don't think you should create an extra download folder for it (I'd be surprised if it passes the moderator queue) ... simply upload it as an attachment here.

Thanks!

I minor comment for the textfile.

You forgot the CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead in the XML/Art. This in only required if the leaderhead isn't already in the game. If the LH isn't in the game, you'll have to copy the CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml from the assets of the vanilla BTS.

I added that to the txt file, along with some other minor changes.

Might the UP up the water yields somehow? Seoul is surrounded by mostly water and can't build much else than Plantations to save its neck.

It's all a matter of coefficients anyway.

*Waits until the file finally gets approved*

Seoul has in its small cross: fish, pigs, deer, silk, rice and dye, and in its big cross one more silk, and coal. If that's not plenty, then I don't know what is.

Well, it has plenty resources, but all of those (except coal) are food or luxury. This keeps the production low. And the production bonus from coal comes too late make good use of it.

That's true, but Korea's strategy shouldn't involve outproducing anyone anyway. If they still get their buildings too slowly, they maybe need simply a better coefficient. I could say more on that once this modmod can be finally downloaded ... maybe it's better to upload it externally, on filefront.com for example?

Well, it has plenty resources, but all of those (except coal) are food or luxury. This keeps the production low. And the production bonus from coal comes too late make good use of it.

That's true. I always played them using slavery, but it is possible that Seoul is not that great without it. I think I will see what people say after they've played it, and change it, if it makes Korea unplayable without it.

Then again, I usually don't found Seoul, when I'm playing, but rather Pyongyang (2N, 1E), which has Iron.

Well yes, that's what I meant. Korea's a great site but it depends on engineers and slavery to get its buildings running. Then again, even if Korea got innate +1:hammers: from water tiles bonus as its UP, for example, would it make a big difference anyway? The other resources get worked way before the water tiles.

Oh well, might make for an interesting administrative challenge. :)

The Dike copied Moai as well! :p

I only had the time to play the first few turns in 600 AD, but I already noticed a few things:

- Three settlers seem to be too much. You know their overall performance better than me, of course, but it doesn't feel right that they can settle all of Manchuria without problems.
- Korea doesn't seem to get any free buildings for their cities. I don't know if that's intended, but maybe it's better to give them at least the classical free buildings (granary etc).
- They also get two era splashes on spawn, so you may have to modify CvPlayer::setCurrentEra() for the late start.

Top Bottom