RFC + Pitboss, the solution

BigMaexle

Chieftain
Hi guys,

after some Email-Traffic with Rhye and some trials, he sent to me a PB-compatible DLL.
I tested a PB with some friends, and it seems to work quite well and I think, that i shoudn't be the only one, who can play PB with RFC ;)

Instruction:

1. make a Backup of you original RFC-MP DLL (this DLL is especially for PB, maybe other games aren't working in the right way anymore)
2. Replace the attached DLL with the original DLL in your RFC-MP (3.19) Folder

that's it ;)

But of course, it's not perfect at all, some bugs are there:

1. passwords aren't possible.

When you log in, the status of all other civs ar set to "unclaimed", and so the passwords of these civs get deleted. So you can't protect you civ with a password.

2. Ingame-diplomatic massages aren't working as well

the game also deletes the content of diplomatic messeges. I think is reason is the same as in 1.

3. the first turn of every civ is played by the AI

Just like in the Singeplayer.

@Rhye: I hope it's ok to upload your DLL.

And again: I didn't made the DLL, Rhye did it.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1,003 KB · Views: 275
Just a question, what is Pitboss exactly? :crazyeye:

@ Rhye: I didn't have a chance to test it, because the RFC-MP-Community is quite small ;) and so there's nobody, who could test it with me.

@Burnemdown: There is a hole Pitboss Forum, there you can ready everything about pitboss.

a friend and I played direct IP connect and still ran into some OOS errors every 20 or so turns in the mid-late game. So definitely more playable than previously.

Top Bottom