• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RFCE 1.3 Playtest Feedback

It is unfortunate that Livonia (Riga) is being flipped first by Prussia and 2-3 turns later by Lithuania. This kind of short term re-flips are not good in general. But in addition to this particular case -- Livonian Order affiliated with Riga from 1201–1561, so perhaps Lithuanians should flip some other province but not the one with Riga.

is this normal?
or some internal strife acts this way?:)

Attachments

• scots1.jpg
    scots1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 167
  • scots2.jpg
    scots2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 162
Yeah, sry
I need to remove those minor nation revolts
The whole system needs a big overhaul anyway

I also had Revel declare its independence with no warning about 3 turns after I founded it. (playing as Novogorod).

is this normal?
or some internal strife acts this way?:)

Looking at these pictures, i want to ask you Absinthe if you have any other DCN changes planned? Right now civs like France and England still have static names (plus Kingdom of GB and Scotland shouldn't be co-existing). I think the changelig only mentioned dcn changes for Scandinavia & Bulgaria.

1.The Umayyad Mosque <> The Kaaba, I think that the income from this building should not be.
Adding muslim company (Karimi) can help Caliphate with money.
2.In old version RFCE and in RFCE++ after the Black Death Rome's population always stay at 1.(I can not check out the problems with the 32byte system).

I also had Revel declare its independence with no warning about 3 turns after I founded it. (playing as Novogorod).

my stability was +4 just before founding Revel and it then went to -2. is Estonia meant to be Border/Outer/Contested for Novgorod? Revel is basically the adjacent city site to capital and part of Estonia is actually in your capital's BFC.

can one prevent those revolts with a large garrison or just reduce their chance? do all cities in border areas have revolt potential or just some?

sorry for the basic questions. if their is an up to date stability guide somewhere I could just read that.

yes, i already mentioned it a few times. new stability adjustment sucks, till 1083 svn, we could count about stability. it was planable. but now i turn of anarchy is from +2 to -9 -10, and then a city go indy. and allways retake those cities sometimes not afforable.

Morocco tend to settle all oasis' in the desert areas 3-4 useless things. can u tell him not to do so?

@srpt my original idea was to not preplace york, but place a city in mercia 1 tile north of chester for example.

@srpt my original idea was to not preplace york, but place a city in mercia 1 tile north of chester for example.

Like I said in the other thread, I would prefer to go for Norwich as a preplaced city in England along with York. It was one of the most important Anglo Saxon cities, historically captured and burned by the Danes and in East Anglia.

Danes then just need to capture York, Norwich and London, which were three of the main cities they actually captured IRL during their invasions, rather than settling Mercia, which was largely raided and pillaged rather than captured.

Lithuanians still flip Livonia!

in Consts.py, line 503 or thereabouts, change "(77,59), #Lithuania" to "(77,57), #Lithuania" and they will not flip Riga.

Does Moroccan UP even work? I do not see any improved yields from the Desert and in particular from Oasis. Desert hill gives 1 :hammers:, when improved 2 more. Oasis gives 3 food 1 commerce, just like in default case. Bug?

Barbarian tendency to raze should probably be toned down; I just loaded up a Novgorod game and Lyon, Thessaloniki, Adrianople, Tarsos, and Edessa had all been razed.

Also, maybe the Muscovite spawn area could be shrunk a little bit to include less of the northern area, now that we have Novgorod?

Does Moroccan UP even work? I do not see any improved yields from the Desert and in particular from Oasis. Desert hill gives 1 :hammers:, when improved 2 more. Oasis gives 3 food 1 commerce, just like in default case. Bug?

Not yet.

Also, the Moroccan and Prussian UPs are not fully coded yet.

The four tiles directly east and southeast of Lake Peipus should probably be part of the Novgorod province, since they form the territory of Pskov. The Russian (Novgorod, Kiev, Muscovy) CNMs should also be adjusted so that the tile SE of the lake is named Pleskov/Pskov, where it historically is and where Novgorod is also inclined to settle.

Edit: Also, perhaps Scottish Highlanders should only spawn when Scotland is dead? It doesn't make very much sense for them to spawn and then harass Scotland.

I need an sos help.

i play with sweeden, and by now all is sweet. ai's didnt messed up my city placement and even i do not have all the wonders i am satisfied, its a great game, BUT uhv 3 says 3 foreign city. OK 1 german is there, and ? the 2 danish? idk but vassals cities shouldnt be foreign, should it? can u fix it to finish my game pls?

Their situation is very interesting, but I found the Danish early game too luck based for the rush that it is:
  • Lose a Huscarl in England --> screwed
  • Get no mercs (usually the case) --> screwed
  • Get a bad barb raid --> screwed
  • Norway already decently entrenched (may have up to three cities in Vestfold and good mercs hired) --> screwed
I have cut it close a couple of times. I also found Huscarls reachable too late (tech + London iron available) to help with the 1st UHV in numbers. Suggestions: push the UHV date back to 1065 and/or make Huscarls available with the copper in Denmark.

I need an sos help.

i play with sweeden, and by now all is sweet. ai's didnt messed up my city placement and even i do not have all the wonders i am satisfied, its a great game, BUT uhv 3 says 3 foreign city. OK 1 german is there, and ? the 2 danish? idk but vassals cities shouldnt be foreign, should it? can u fix it to finish my game pls?

It's indeed the German city of Wismar and the Danish cities of Copenhagen and Visby. I also noticed some coastal tiles in Sweden don't count as Baltic Coast. I will add those tiles. Will change the UHV so Vassal controlled cities don't count as foreign.

EDIT: Done. Revision won't break savegame compatibility.

Their situation is very interesting, but I found the Danish early game too luck based for the rush that it is:
  • Lose a Huscarl in England --> screwed
    [*]Get no mercs (usually the case) --> screwed
  • Get a bad barb raid --> screwed
  • Norway already decently entrenched (may have up to three cities in Vestfold and good mercs hired) --> screwed
I have cut it close a couple of times. I also found Huscarls reachable too late (tech + London iron available) to help with the 1st UHV in numbers. Suggestions: push the UHV date back to 1065 and/or make Huscarls available with the copper in Denmark.

As said, I will change the merc system. A lot more generic mercs will appear.

Why not just use the iron in Svealand? Found Stockholm, Aarhus and Odense with the three starting settlers, ship a couple of the starting workers to Stockholm and you'll have iron within about six or seven turns.

You already start with the necessary tech, so can pump out six or seven with CR in time to take Vestfold whilst the first three head to England for whichever of York or London is least defended. Building two additional settlers is much more of an issue for Denmark than getting a load of Huskarls.

Top Bottom