RFCE++ Beta

Suddenly, Beta 4 is released. Info in first post.

This version includes K-mod which is still a bit unpolished regarding adaptation to RFCE. This means the AI will not always behave like you're used to but it will all work out in the end.

Some of the text is messed up. For example, at the bottom of the screen you get when hovering over a civ's name on the scoreboard it reads "TXT_KEY_MISC_SHIFT_ALT_DECLARE_WAR". Also, when I met Norway, it said something like "TXT_HAROLD_HADRADA_1ST_MEETING" or something along those lines. Nothing serious or affecting the game, but they could be fixed.

Also, not a bug, but just something weird, the Arabs, Sultanate of Rum, and Byzantine Empire all converted peacefully to Catholicism.

I have also noticed the AI is much more likely to convert now, after taking a couple of muslim cities in the crusades France converted to Islam and remained in islam even after losing those cities, untill they collapsed. Byzantines converted about 4 times before the Ottomans took them out, who then quickly converted to Caththolicism then back again :crazyeye:

Civs collapsing seems to be a huge issue, however they seem to do alot better with city placement and war, france conquered much of the UHV territory early on, Germany and The Lombards also did very well very quickly but both collapsed soon after. Something very strange happened in spain, when aragon spawned all 3 civs in Iberia collapsed a few turns after, including aragon...

Can really notice the speed improvements and with a little tweaking to stability (maybe get the AI to prioritize the stabilility buildings more?, thats the main way i keep expanding) it will be brilliant to see the AI preform better.

The Lombards start with State religion but since they dont have the tech they lose it the turn after and goes back to paganism.

Hi everybody. I am new on this forum and i created account only to ask the question. I have Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword and i wanted to try RFC:Europe++, so i downloaded it and installedit. When i start the game and go load the mod and select it the game crashes. I have no idea what is the problem but in error i read something about file CvGameCoreDLL.dll. So i wonder there is some requirement to install the mod like older version of mod or something or if someone can help me with this. I would love play this because i recently started playing rfc and i think it is cool.

For some reason work boats cannot automate but war galleys can... Cordoba converted to Catholicism after like 2 turns.

Also, what are the exact qualifications for the "Kingdom of France" dynamic name? For some reason it always stays Frankish Empire on me

When i go to properties of Civ4BeyondSword file it says it is 3.1.3.1. Can i download newer version from somewhere?

The AI declared war when I refused tributing a cow, never seen that before!

can u guys please fix the religion bug for AI? also, why does genoa declare war on my venice everytime i declare war on anybody, including independants? (note that genoa was emperor and this is on 1260 map)

Why does the rest of the HRE declare war on me when I declare war on anyone, even independents? By the way, I'm playing as Lombardy.

Playing as Crimea, late start scenario, my plan was to capture & raze Moscow early with my free starting Chambuls. When my units arrived where Moscow should be the city was not there! Those devious russians thwarted my UHV by not building the city...:mad:

Is this a feature to avoid early chambul rushes or was it just bad luck?

And no - Moscow had not been razed earlier by barbs or someone else - I checked the replay. Moscow was simply never founded.

Hi,

So I downloaded the mod earlier today (was March 16th) and had a great game as Austria going starting at the latter date. I had conquered Italy, vassalized germany, hungary, Venice, and had just formed a Union with my former vassal of Bohemia. Anyway, it's been a great game!

However, during a campaign to vassalize spain (BIG europe-wide war) i had taken every city north of toledo. Spain had portugal as a vassal though, so i decided to cut through and take out portugal first, allowing spain to potentially vassalize. anyway, just as i was about to take out the southernmost (and final) portugese city, i received word that spain had suddenly gone from stable to gone! it had collapsed!

Frustrated, I attempted to reload from a few turns earlier (it was 1532 at the time) but got this error: "Cannot load version 303, expected version 302 or lower". What does this mean? I have been playing this game for hours without problem, so why cant I reload? I attempted to load other saves from earlier in the game but to no avail; i get the same error. Is there anything i can do to get my game back/fix the problem? thanks!

(if it helps, i haven't seen any HRE activity in a LONG time... im talking like 100+ years. neither decisions nor elections. while this of course messes with my ability to win the UHV, i was having fun anyway and didnt really think anything of it. i also thought maybe it had to do with me being at war with other members so i thought id wait till the wars were over to see. come to think of it though, nobody had the emperor icon for a long time either. but i know the scripts arent fully broken, as i experienced the bohemian union a few turns back and saw the kalmar union take place recently as well) .

Top Bottom