[RFCM:BWS] An Iberian Love Story

You probably should have allowed perm alliances :(

It fits very well with the theme of this game.

I completely forgot about that when I was generating the save files. I have no idea how permanent alliances would affect RFC's game mechanics, however. Then, I have to deal with other civs that are also signing permanent alliances with Spain, although I don't worry about it as long as Izzy's friendly with only me.

Linkman, Your the one making the mod, add it! :D

It's just a matter of editing your ini file to allow custom game options. Hardly even modding. And it shouldn't interfere with RFC mechanics.

Earlier, the conquest of Nizhnij Tagil started the Siberian phase of the Russian campaigns. It continues with the takeover of Kara.

Nizhnevartovsk swiftly followed.

Something's bound to happen soon. I didn't notice that Izzy would complete the Apollo Program as soon as mine also finishes. It seems that I'm going to fly with her to the moon.

My stability issues made me abandon Vologda and Kirov.

For those reasons also, I have to disband Aksum.

On what is left of European Russia, the independents invaded from the west while I annoyed them from the east.

I captured Brest when its garrison consisted of a few workers. Izzy's troops should be able to occupy Bordeaux without much resistance.

Using Samarqand as entry point, I captured Balkhash.

I just settled my 14th extra-European city on the west coast of Australia. The 15th one is not yet ready.

I decided to set the Ural mountain range as the boundary between Persia and Netherlands.

Seeing their masters lose land swiftly, de Gaulle abandoned Russian protection.

I wanted to make peace with them, but they refused to share even some parts of their massive treasury. Come on, they have 300k and won't pay any for a settlement.

Another Russian city gets overrun by my troops.

The earlier conquests were distributed between Izzy's vassals.

As expected, we had the most expensive date ever.

The next update would feature the collapse of Russia as we're going closer to the end of the story.

What are you relations with Izzy like now?

I bet it's furious, but he doesn't dare to say so.

Great update!

The last stage of the Russian campaign begun with the conquest of Turukhansk...

... and Ning-hsia.

I had to abandon Balkhash, Tara and Nizhnevartovsk to get my troops moving (instead of staying as garrison).

The former garrison of Balkhash was then sent to capture Karamay.

Meanwhile, on Russia's western front, I cleared their garrisons earlier with choppers and what is left of their troops surrendered Vasa...

... and Onega...

...which I, in turn, gave to the Dutch.

With the loss of most of its cities, France collapsed.

The conquest of Russia continues smoothly with the capture of Krasnojarsk...

...Ostrov Bolshevik...

... and Kyzyl.

More Russian cities are given to the Persians.

Egypt also collapsed.

Time for peace. I turned down their vassalization requests.

Then I sent her to finish them off for good.

The peace treaties got instantly cancelled. Another world war ensues. On one side: Spain (with vassals Netherlands and Persia) and Portugal. On the other side: Khmer, England (with vassal Inca), Russia and Japan.

Spoiler :
I had a hard time pulling this one off properly.

The surprise the Russians got from getting the peace treaty instantly cancelled caused them to collapse.

I wanted to make peace with them, but they refused to share even some parts of their massive treasury. Come on, they have 300k and won't pay any for a settlement.

It's de Gaulle! What did you expect??? He is like the most arrogant Frenchman ever, and that is saying something... :D

not at all.
(didn't expect the last one did you)

I don't agree with all of them. Louis 14 wasn't that bad. He was actually good for France. Under him, France had a golden age.

Nappy was Corsican, not French. He was also a military glory hound, and France under him did do well in the wars.

Sarkozy doesn't seem to be that arrogant from where I am sitting. A bit of an idiot, with the latest mic incident with good ole Hussein, but his complaint is a legitimate (whether his impression of the Israeli PM is the right one is up for debate).

De Gaulle, on the other hand, tried to break NATO apart, and actually pulled France out of NATO for no other reason than because the Brits and the Yanks didn't listen to him during WW2. He also thought that France's pitifully few Pluton missiles would deter the USSR from attacking France. That is extraordinary arrogance.

I'm starting this update with the completion of the tech tree.

Since the war against Russia is over, I let the Persians take over what is left of my Russian conquests

This must be the first time I've seen Izzy to send troops into Incan lands. On the other time I fought the Incans, she didn't bother helping me. She might be too scared of the Arabs back then.

I then decided to fund her research projects. Before I did this, her sliders were at 30% science. She managed to turn it up to 70% after getting the enormous donation from me.

After the Aztecs abandoned their war against Japan, I redirected their efforts towards conquering Britain's Canadian cities.

I dealt the first blow of the war by capturing the Incan capital.

I'm foreseeing the result of the war after this pop-up.

On her turn, she managed to conquer a border city.

After several centuries of service, the Knights of Aviz, my most experienced unit, is finally home. I'm already building the final settler in Lisboa.

Just before the inevitable end of the Incans, one of my spies managed to sneak in and steal tons of gold from the Incan treasury.

Meanwhile, I started to attack the Khmer, capturing Pagan in the process.

The island of Falkland wasn't spared by my troops.

After several years of begging for this city, she finally agreed to hand Blanc-Sablon over.

After clearing the garrisons of Hanoi with choppers, I sent troops to take it.

Baotou suddenly revolted to join my empire. I can't afford to keep the enclave, however.

As expected, she managed to take Limatambo.

At the Khmer front, I burned down Hariharalaya for being surrounded by too many mountains. The resistance fighters were quickly dealt with as more of my troops pour into the Mekong river.

I'm done building the United Nations HQ. That meant an end of the congresses (and voting for a secretary-general).

Nice update.
But I'm not done yet for this update.

This would be one of the rare times when I vote for someone other than myself.

Going deeper into British territory, Izzy's troops managed to occupy Prince George.

I then went ahead and capture Angkor.

The conquest of Arequipa marked the elimination of the Incans.

The final settler is already built. If I recall correctly, the cities I settled outside Europe are:

1. Casablanca
  2. Sofala
  3. Curaçao
  4. Nova Scotia
  5. Belem
  6. Fortaleza
  7. Rio de Janeiro
  8. São Paulo
  9. Funchal
  10. Montana
  11. Lagos (in eastern Australia)
  12. Socotra
  13. Coimbra (in Madagascar, to be renamed into Diogo Soares)
  14. Braga (in western Australia)

The results of the UN vote are up. Had I voted for myself, I would have won this one with a narrow margin. Voting for her turned out to have given her a clear victory. No surprise that our enemies, having to choose between the two of us, decided to refrain from the elections.

Back to the Khmer front, Suryavayman is down to two cities, neither of which are capable of sending troops.

I'm constantly worrying about her stability, so I decided to give her some of the great persons that have been staying idle, hoping that she would use it for a golden age.

At the same time, I'm starting a golden age of my own.

This is exactly why I'll end this story with a UHV win.

Now, I'm letting you choose where would the final settler go. Before I settle the final city, however, I'd like to eliminate my enemies Khmer, Britain and Japan.

Also, can I write a narrative for the ending? Seems that I could make an epilogue out of the ending, which would be mainly composed of flashbacks from some of the past updates. I'll also try to get the prologue as the first flashback.

Top Bottom