Rhye´s and Fall of PBEM

May I be the Axum Kingdom? As usual, there is no love for that incredible near subsaharian nation.

There is an Ethiopia, but it can pass as Axum. Actually, I have love, I met many Ethiopians in real life, those folks have a sister church (with our church). At one point Axum was Number 3 on the planet civ after Rome and Han... In RFC MP their unique power was replaced: since there is no COngresses new UP says that Ethiopian cities can never flip. Which open many mischievous possibilities :mischief:

And off we go! In fact I would have sent the first turn hours ago if Tigranes hadn´t invited me to another live-game.

Oh I am sorry. ;) I mean, it does not take long to start the game and play online waiting for 1 week turn around :lol:

this sounds interesting.
give me greece!

Niwt-Rst is officially the first settlement in this game. May its culture be a beacon for all cities to emulate.

Ramesses the Great to his people, a Pharaoh to the rest of the World. Is now in Power

GPS to Methinkso

rfcmptest0_Stone_Age_-_Egypt_-_Turn_0_to_Asoka

In another land, far to the east, the city of Delhi has been erected. While the terrain is lush and quite harsh, it shall make us a stronger, more spiritual people, attune with the wonders of nature and everything around us.

GPS to Kiwi

rfcmptest0_Stone_Age_-_Egypt_-_Turn_0_to_Asoka

Woah woah woah hold on there a minute. Is that the name of the save file?
This is... Suboptimal. It think I might have sent you the wrong file.

Kiwitt when you open the file could you please verify that all the civs show up on the scoreboard? And I mean all the civs, because if I set any civ as an AI instead of human then it won't show up on the scoreboard.

Still I think we might have to restart it, I just followed the instructions posted by Eclipse and/or Tigranes and this was the only initial autosave I found. As you can see from the name it's probably from the game I ran two months ago to test whether RFCMP works as a PBEM.

What name did you pick for this game? PBEM auto folder will contain only 1 Initial file, it gets constantly replaced with every new PBEM game you generate... But regardless, if back then you've kept all the civs human (which is default) -- there is no need to restart: RFC MP was not updated for a long time...

And you don't have to wait for kiwitt to check -- just open the file you have sent to Eclipse yourself and see! :lol:

This is the name of this particular game and that is why I posted it. To see the name.

Which I thought as thorough as you are struck me odd

Give it a nice name because we will be seeing that name very often, rfcmp looks so blah!

What name did you pick for this game? PBEM auto folder will contain only 1 Initial file, it gets constantly replaced with every new PBEM game you generate... But regardless, if back then you've kept all the civs human (which is default) -- there is no need to restart: RFC MP was not updated for a long time...

RFCoPBEM I think, and no I specifically did not keep all civs human in the test game, seeing as I wanted to test different situations.

And you don't have to wait for kiwitt to check -- just open the file you have sent to Eclipse yourself and see! :lol:

But then I'd had to get up from my bed, walk two meters to the Couch, power on the PC and turn on the TV. Nah it's much easier to just tell someone else on my iPad.

This is the name of this particular game and that is why I posted it. To see the name.

Which I thought as thorough as you are struck me odd

If it has 'test' in the name I'm pretty sure it's from the game I set up for myself to test the mod as PBEM.

Give it a nice name because we will be seeing that name very often, rfcmp looks so blah!

I do have a nice idea, but I planned on using it as admin password.

Alright I know what the problem is: I indeed sent the wrong save, namely the one from my testgame months ago, as I assumed. But that´s not all: Whenever I tried to set up a new PBEM it never actually was a PBEM, but somehow turned into a hotseat game. Probably this is some kind of bug. I also had a hunch on how to solve this issue, because I knew that I successfully created a PBEM with this mod before, namely the aforementioned test game. What, one may ask, was the difference between the test game and this one? Why, in the test game I selected the first civ in the turn order, Egypt, while in all the games that mysteriously turned into hotseat I selected Babylonia. Therefore I tried now setting up the PBEM again, but selecting Egypt, and lo and behold it worked! I just sent the new and hopefully correct autosave to Eclipse.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, but in my defense how was I supposed to know that something as silly as choosing another civ than Egypt to set up the game would break it and turn it into a hotseat game?

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, but in my defense how was I supposed to know that something as silly as choosing another civ than Egypt to set up the game would break it and turn it into a hotseat game?

PBEM games with ONLY 1 human player become hot seat games.

Top Bottom