Rhye's and Fall of Britannia

Is the Roman Empire going to be playable and is there any part of France in there?

Is the Roman Empire going to be playable and is there any part of France in there?
France and Norway are in there. It's basically the Vikings map from that one Viking Scenario on warlords.

If we start earlier, I'll make them playable, but starting right where we are, no. They would die too fast. No one wants to play a civ for 10 turns to have it autocollapse.

Is this a huge map? and I'm having troubles with it due to some invalid order of the mod placement or something like that.

Is this a huge map? and I'm having troubles with it due to some invalid order of the mod placement or something like that.
What do you mean invalid order? The scenario map is bugged however.

You need to change the text for "ModPath=" in the map save to "Mods\RFC Britannia." instead of the whole directory.
As for the map, it is really good but you have quite a lot of France in it.

if you mean the errors on start, it has something to do with the civtype i think

edit: i managed to fix it, all flags load, random spawn positions though

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25380239/UKMap.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
Thankyou!
You need to change the text for "ModPath=" in the map save to "Mods\RFC Britannia." instead of the whole directory.
As for the map, it is really good but you have quite a lot of France in it.
I'm doing stuff in France as well. I'm going to have the Bretons, Celts, Franks and whatnot in there.

I don't understand you completely. Do you mean:
1 You have RFCBritania loaded.
2 You try to load your scenario.
3 It tries to reload the mod and fails.

1 You have RFCBritania loaded.
2 You try to load a vanilla scenario.
3 It tries to reload the mod and fails.

If it is the upper one, it might be this. Open the the Scenario with a text editor. You will see the following (this is from RFCE)
Code:
BeginGame
	Tutorial=0
	Era=ERA_ANCIENT
	Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL
	Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
	Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
	Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_BROKERING
	Victory=VICTORY_TIME
	Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
	Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
	Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC
	Victory=VICTORY_HISTORICAL
	GameTurn=0
	MaxTurns=500
	MaxCityElimination=0
	NumAdvancedStartPoints=720
	TargetScore=0
	StartYear=500
	Description=TXT_KEY_WB_DESC
	[COLOR="Red"][B]ModPath=Mods\RFCEurope[/B][/COLOR]
EndGame
The problem might be that the last line (I made it red) is missing or has a different path. Make sure the path is correct. (So change RFCEurope in the name of your mod. (The name of the folder)

If it is the other thing, I'm not sure what the problem is. It could the the fact that your mod has many changes. So a normal scenario will conflict with it.

It is right.
It says this:

ModPath=Mods\RFC Britannia
The map has all of the civs and leaders preprogrammed. It is hardwired to the mod.
This is what I said:
I load the mod.
I open the specific map for the mod in the menu.
It attempts to reload the mod and dies.

In Prealpha 1.5, this is the path:
Modpath=C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Britannia

That's not the correct path. It should only be:
Modpath=Mods\RFC Britannia

EDIT: I have no problems when I make this change.

If this is the map you will use, you can also put in a Dutch civ (maybe 2, the Dutch and the Frisians) and maybe a Holy Roman. Otherwise the Benelux part will be very empty.

France and Norway are in there. It's basically the Vikings map from that one Viking Scenario on warlords.

If we start earlier, I'll make them playable, but starting right where we are, no. They would die too fast. No one wants to play a civ for 10 turns to have it autocollapse.

As an unplayable minor? :p

Btw, why don't you upload the newest newest version of this mod so we all could help finding your current concern~

Top Bottom