Rhye's Impossible Objectives

thelebk

Chieftain
I decided to give RFC 3000 bc a try. I ran with the default Egyptians. I think the idea of historical objectives is cool. I played on the easiest game setting (ViceRoy). Now I do not consider myself a brilliant Civ player by any stretch of the imagination, but I am not a newbie either. This said I found it absolutely impossible to hit the objectives for the Egyptians any where close to the turn proposed. Still, my point score is way ahead of any of the other civs so I know I am not incompetant here. What gives? Thanks.

Hi thelebk.
I did complete the egyptian objectives on the monarch difficulty.
The egyptians have some of the easiest objectives.
The deal is, only focus on the objective, build a maximum of 2 cities, (your capital) and a harbor city(which you use to build the great lighthouse). Get a worker fast so you can get stone, and build the pyramids as on of the first buildings. Also don't build too much millitary. 1 defender unit should be enough in each city.
But really, the key is just to focus on the objectives and ignore anything else.

Thanks for the advice. I gave it a try and found that while this strategy will allow you to complete the second, wonder objective, it will not allow you to get all three objectives. To get all three I had to make sure I built stonehenge right after a worker, and then the pyramids. Pyramids alone cannot give you the 500 culture you need early. Also to get the final 5000 culture I determined that you must get to music first to get the great artist. Have him create a masterwork for 4k culture. Honestly, I was a bit suprised when I got all three and won the game. I thought the Egyptians would just get some kind of super bonus and I would be forced into another civ anyway.

RFC and RFC Rand are very fun, and you should hit up his forums for more.

the hardest (arguably) is the Malinese. the easiest (by census i believe) is China, Russia or Mongol.

the hardest civ's to play are the Incans and Mayans...

Good luck to you and make sure to be updated to the most recent RFC at http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204

The key for egypt is to found your capital in the right place. Try 2NW. It gives you stone, marble, wheat, and 3 forests(to be worked in that order of priority).Other than that you need only one other city. I found one on the Red Sea where it can access both horses and copper and build the Lighthouse. The rest of the wonders can be built in the capital. You should use the whip whenevery you hit size 6 in your capital to finish whatever you are working on. You will grow back quickly. Build stonehenge and the other wonders for the first goal. Beeline music after the wonder techs to get a GA. A great work will give you 4000 culture. After that you just wait for the last condition. You shouldn't need more than 1 warrior per city until the very end. I have won every time I did this. Once on viceroy and twice on monarch.

I was annoyed in a game that I played as the Mayans. I completed the first two objectives with relative ease and the last one said "Don't lose a city to Europeans before whatever AD", so I thought "Right, that's not too bad". I stopped expending and just built up troops in my cities.
A few turns later a massive stack of Greeks turned up on my shores, ravaged my army with plague, and wiped me out. The stack was HUGE and way more advanced than me too.

The egyptian objectives aren't too hard. I personally find the Greeks easiest to play, however. Super philosophical for the win!

Top Bottom