Richard Sherman - Thug?

Uh, Rodman was pretty much used only to take rebounds. He had an average of what, <5 points per game? So he is not much of a model athlete anyway, unlike Barclay or other 90s stars ;)
You said Barkley was like some crazy wild loudmouth in his day, when he would comparatively be Mr. Rogers today. My point was that there were plenty of "wild/loudmouth etc" back then, too, perhaps even more.

And your belittling of Rodman's basketball skills reveal how little you know of basketball. Maybe skim through the outline on this page, and that doesn't even really touch on how excellent of a defensive player he was.

You said Barkley was like some crazy wild loudmouth in his day, when he would comparatively be Mr. Rogers today. My point was that there were plenty of "wild/loudmouth etc" back then, too, perhaps even more.

And your belittling of Rodman's basketball skills reveal how little you know of basketball.

I think you just want to antagonise there. Otherwise there is no point to suggest that Rodman was anything more than a rebound-taking player. Some people used to like to play basketball and also watch the nba finals in that era (including myself), so you aren't really going to enlighten anyone about those players. I also just checked the wiki page and his average scoring for his entire career is around 6 points per game, so let's repeat what was already known. His (particularly in the offense) rebounding was the only thing that gave him a place in the main teams he was in.

I think you just want to antagonise there. Otherwise there is no point to suggest that Rodman was anything more than a rebound-taking player. Some people used to like to play basketball and also watch the nba finals in that era (including myself), so you aren't really going to enlighten anyone about those players. I also just checked the wiki page and his average scoring for his entire career is around 6 points per game, so let's repeat what was already known. His (particularly in the offense) rebounding was the only thing that gave him a place in the main teams he was in.
Read the link I posted. There is more to a player than ppg. And you still haven't addressed the main counterpoint I raised (that athletes are louder and wilder or whatever now).

Read the link I posted. There is more to a player than ppg. And you still haven't addressed the main counterpoint I raised (that athletes are louder and wilder or whatever now).
apparently, the era of Rileyball and hockey-style bench-clearing brawls was a less thuggish time

Anybody who thinks that Rodman was only a rebounder doesn't know anything about basketball. He was an elite defender, durable, and a capable passer as well. He was probably one of the best 100 basketball players ever.

Anybody who thinks that Rodman was only a rebounder doesn't know anything about basketball. He was an elite defender, durable, and a capable passer as well. He was probably one of the best 100 basketball players ever.
tawwwwmmy from quinzee thinks he was NUMBA 69

Niggardly, thug...any other words to watch out for?

Just being a normal human being cognizant of those around you should help you avoid all of these dastardly invisible PC traps.

The debate is not about whether to throw people in prison for using offensive language, it's a debate over whether the language is offensive. No need to be so incredulous.

Language is complex and, believe it or not, important in talking so it's a natural thing to see tension/friction about the common usage of certain phrases.

If you don't see how "thug" has become a code word for the N word, you aren't paying attention to sports or sports media.
I suppose not following American sports is a sign of abnormality then?

He does appeal to a certain kind of basket-minded person...

What does that have to do with anything?

You still have yet to respond to the excellent data/analysis Zack linked earlier.

Off topic, but either the whole Rodman/NK thing is some brilliant play by Rodman that will only be revealed later when he fully explains himself, or a tragic end to a brilliant NBA career. Cuz unless it is some super stealth and covert plan to try and win over the mind of NK's dear leader through basketball I cannot see it as anything other than the ultimate Rodman weird move to end all Rodman weird moves.

Off topic, but either the whole Rodman/NK thing is some brilliant play by Rodman that will only be revealed later when he fully explains himself, or a tragic end to a brilliant NBA career. Cuz unless it is some super stealth and covert plan to try and win over the mind of NK's dear leader through basketball I cannot see it as anything other than the ultimate Rodman weird move to end all Rodman weird moves.

It's one of the many tragic endings to the Epic of Dennis Rodman that we have witnessed in this lifetime.

At least it made him relevant again. People were forgetting how great of a basketball player Rodman really was because of his extra-curricular activities in the last decade and a half (even with him making it to the Hall of Fame.)

For the love of God, don't talk about master and slave hard drives in California.

And I'll continue to use niggard as often as I like, thanks much. We don't punish people for using the word truck just because it happens to sound similar to a totally unrelated naughty four letter word. Anyone getting offended over its use due to their ignorance just needs to have it explained to them. If they still get offended, truck them.

For the love of God, don't talk about master and slave hard drives in California.

And I'll continue to use niggard as often as I like, thanks much. We don't punish people for using the word truck just because it happens to sound similar to a totally unrelated naughty four letter word. Anyone getting offended over its use due to their ignorance just needs to have it explained to them. If they still get offended, truck them.

Niggardly is fine except when it's not, and master-slave drives not actually controversial.

You gotta know who to trust with your PC discourse info! There's a logic to it, and there's an industry making advertising money trying to confuse you by being parasites to authentically good political correctness.

That one's a bit too obvious to be innocuous. "Primary" and "secondary" work better anyway. Still though, the fact someone got fired over "niggardly" still bothers me. Thanks for the example anyway, would like more if possible.

And now I'm curious about calling connectors "male" and "female". Has there been controversy about that?

And now I'm curious about calling connectors "male" and "female". Has there been controversy about that?
There's a funny J. Stewart clip about it but what's actually more controversially worded is that here at CFC we have this new gender option, of which none of the options are genders.

(i.e. to go back to the plugs, if we used the term man and woman instead of male and female, it'd mean something very different).

There's a funny J. Stewart clip about it but what's actually more controversially worded is that here at CFC we have this new gender option, of which none of the options are genders.

I thought it meant more that you don't want to specify your gender (but still want to note that you don't want to).

A bit like a local politician here who had once asked the press if they would like him to make a comment on a celebrity who recently had accused him. When the press asked he said: "i am not going to make a comment on that person" :/

I thought it meant more that you don't want to specify your gender (but still want to note that you don't want to).

A bit like a local politician here who had once asked the press if they would like him to make a comment on a celebrity who recently had accused him. When the press asked he said: "i am not going to make a comment on that person" :/

What I mean is that male and female are not genders, they are sexes.

Top Bottom