RifE 1.20 Download and Changelog

[*]I'd like animals over a certain strength limit (Say, 4 points over the base for that particular animal?) to become Beasts, making them slightly harder to tame... But more palatable to fight. If I'm going to lose a third of my army taking out a bear, the thing needs to be a Beast. :p

And add "Dire" to the name. Bear => Dire Bear. Boar => Dire Boar. Hamster => Dire Hamster (which is short for "Dire Hamster of Inevitable Agonizing Death"). Like in D&D :)

And add "Dire" to the name. Bear => Dire Bear. Boar => Dire Boar. Hamster => Dire Hamster (which is short for "Dire Hamster of Inevitable Agonizing Death"). Like in D&D :)

That could work. Reminded me again to add Boars, at the very least... Very good art available for them, thanks to SeZ. ;)

adding the natural animal/beast strength increase to civs with the feral trait makes sense. It could be done as a tack on to the feral trait (allows the trait to be added to individual leaders) or a new civ trait. Just played a game as the archos and their spiders could use some sort of age related strengthening. Late game your 400 year old spiders are essentially useless and that is sad.

Getting many many many CtD's. About every other turn. Though, this could well be because I'm playing a huge erebus map with (initially) 15 civs (now 14 I think) and I own about a quarter of the map and just about everyone's at war (it's going mental, and I love this game, with my huuuuuge Bannor army where everyone is commanding everyone else who's commanding everyone else's mother). My computer is good, but I can imagine this is too taxing.

I thought I'd just throw it out here, in case someone else has the same problem.

I'd definitely like the feral civs to enjoy the animal strength gain. :goodjob:

As for limiting critters...lets get some more playtesting in first. I'm playing a huge Erebus map and there are no Dragons spawned yet. Nada. Zilch. We don't want to goof up and make it so they never show up. ;)

I do agree that animals should turn into beasts at a certain point. Auto-acquire promo with an age requirement? Call it "Dire", have it change the name of the critter in question to "Dire X" (x = animal name), change unitcombat to beast, do something else to buff the beastie. Maybe give them a larger-scaled art as well.

@Valk: It says my email address isn't allowed to see your spreadsheet :)

Guessing i have installed incorrectly as i am getting CTD's on doing odd things like selecting civics pages or research screen. Can you confirm that i don't need any other files other than the 500mb+ 0.22 file?

I am using small, tectonic, no tech bartering, no demonic horde - crashed CTD now in 3 games although reloaded from save game is fine...

@Valk: It says my email address isn't allowed to see your spreadsheet :)

Woops, forgot to save after I checked the 'Allow Anyone to View' option. :lol:

Here's a better link... http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtALd3TwFjopdHFqR0t3bUw1Qm9lTXp5ZUZoaWYxTnc&hl=en

Guessing i have installed incorrectly as i am getting CTD's on doing odd things like selecting civics pages or research screen. Can you confirm that i don't need any other files other than the 500mb+ 0.22 file?

I am using small, tectonic, no tech bartering, no demonic horde - crashed CTD now in 3 games although reloaded from save game is fine...

That is absolutely all you need. We're getting reports of random CTD's... I personally haven't experienced any, which makes it rather difficult to nail down. :cry:

Patch A is coming along atm, which should fix some of the issues... Will be delayed a bit however as I'm going to merge the new FfH patch, or at least the DLL side of it. ;)

You might want to change the Jotnar strategy pedia info, it still says about the first ring only around cities.

Yeah... I believe Vermicious said he'd work on that, as well as a concept section. Will take a bit to write up however.

Nice, it works :)

I see that a lot of the dll is from my own work... I'm happy :p

Yeah, quite a bit. :lol:

Hoping more of that list will have my name eventually... ;)

Speaking of which, I'll be adding a new xml tag (PrereqStrBoosSize) in order to make animals become Beasts after a certain amount of strength boosts. Could also use it to grant beastly animals higher-power abilities... Gorillas could get more ranged attack, for example.

Planning on also adding an array, so I can limit animals by tech... That part will be interesting. ;)

Just wanted to say, Patch A will be delayed slightly. Most XML/Python/Art issues are fixed, but I'm merging Sephi's Arcane AI's. They're all clearly marked, shouldn't take too long... Next week sometime, so that I can put in the Animal changes I want as well.

Main reason I'm merging the Arcane AI's, even more so than AI improvements, is it allows the 'CanBuild' call to run normally, only for those units who can actually build the improvement in question, rather than EVERY unit in the game, EACH TURN. The FFPlus Better AI mod, which was merged, makes heavy use of this function... Slows the game a bit there. Hopefully, this should help with crashes.

a stupid question :
will FF+ (next to come version) work with FFH2 0.41i or should I install a former version ?
What do I have to tweak if I want FF+ to call a FFH2.exe from a "FFH for FF+" folder instead of the last FFH2 folder (0.41i)

may you write on the first post the FF2 version that is needed for the current FF+ patch ?

thanks.!

Actually, NO version of FfH or FF is needed to install and run FFPlus. It is self-contained now... Makes it FAR easier to maintain, as there's not nearly as much rush to put out a new version when the base mod updates.

That said, the next patch will contain the AI work from FfH Patch I, so it's still being merged in... It's just not needed to play the game. ;)

ok thks!

great job then !

I understood for FF.. but thought I still needed FFH :D

I'll imerge myself into the game !!
tchuss

Heh. About the animals - I'm playing a Khazad game right now, made the Mithril Golem, and sent him to Mirrough to grab his last 2 cities. On the way there, I read that my Mithril Golem had been attacked by a bear pack. Didn't think it was a big deal, until I saw how much health he had left.

A bear pack reduced the Mithril Golem from 32 str to 1.5 str. The combat odds were 25%. Im very, very glad I still have my golem.

Still though - bears taking on avatars? :p

I downloaded the new version from weplayciv last night. Any chance of zipping the .exe in the future... it took my sloooow connection about four tries and over four hours to download!!! Anything that compressed the files would help a lot.

New civilopedia with filters looks great. When I started up FF+ though I crashed out before playing a turn. I will try removing mod files completely then reinstalling FF+, when I get a chance and report back here with results, in case this makes a difference.

I've also sent you a PM, now I've got them working...

I downloaded the new version from weplayciv last night. Any chance of zipping the .exe in the future... it took my sloooow connection about four tries and over four hours to download!!! Anything that compressed the files would help a lot.

New civilopedia with filters looks great. When I started up FF+ though I crashed out before playing a turn. I will try removing mod files completely then reinstalling FF+, when I get a chance and report back here with results, in case this makes a difference.

I've also sent you a PM, now I've got them working...

To be honest, the install script already compresses the files when creating the installer. 7zip doesn't affect the file size anymore. :lol:

I'll be uploading it to a better host soon... Should help.

As for the PM... Checking it now. ;)

Top Bottom