[R&F] Rise and Fall for iPad?

komodo

Chieftain
Any updates on when/if the expansion will be coming to the iPad? I wish Firaxis and Aspyr were more customer focused like some other development companies and provided updates. Not a single comment on this from them.

I hope they will release it on the iPad but no announcement yet has been made from Aspyr about it

Presumably The Pad will also be getting some of the patches that PC has been getting. I haven’t been playing long enough to see many Bugs, but undoubtedly there will be many; which is the norm for any version of Civ post Vanilla.

I suspect that there is a Bug when for example I have an Archer or Warrior in the City and when I try and place another Archer/ Warrior on the same hex, the original warrior/ Archer jumps out to the Hex the replacement came from. Is this anything to do with the “ Zone of Control”?

Nothing to do with ZoC. Two units can't occupy the same hex (even in a city), so they switch places (if they can). Best to move the unit already on the city tile to another tile, and then move the new unit into the city.

Thanks Browd, I’ve been away from Civ since Civ4 so have a lot of catching up to do. The IPad port has brought me back. Hours upstairs in the Office on the PC caused issues with the wife. So having the game on the Pad has helped.

This is what AspyrRyan posted earlier today in another thread:
Very none commital then. Maybe they are working on R&F for the Nintendo and have put OIS on the back shelf. I’ve no idea how sales went for Civ V1 on OIS. Most likely not too good because of the high cost and subsequent poor reviews. I continue to wait in hope. There is a big market on OIS who are awaiting a price drop and updates, time will tell.

I really wish Aspyr would say something one way or another. The patch in May was an encouraging surprise and at the time I was hopeful R&F would follow in a few more months. The iPhone release feels like a sideways move (especially in light of the announced Switch version). Maybe the bet will pay off and they will sell enough copies to justify further development. But personally I feel timing and pricing have been bigger impediments than the lack of iPhone support.

Hmmm as much as I would love that Aspyr releases Rise and Fall for IPad but I feel they are having technical issues with it that’s why they weren’t able till now to release it
There have been many people on net complaining about civilization 6 crashes on iPad although it’s running fine on my end but it seems there are lately a lot of complaints

I guess time will tell

They are really quiet from Aspyr's side! It seems crazy if they only develop the Vanilla version and skip all the expansions? Finger's crossed!

I love the iPad version. I continue to be utterly floored that it runs as well as it does even on my aging iPad Air 2. I would gladly play this version exclusively if it had the expansions. Indeed I bought a closeout iPad Pro 12.9" 2017 primarily for this purpose, which is even better except for the lack of built-in retina support - I have to fire up the keyboard every time it launches to set.

That said, I'm getting increasingly frustrated over the lack of updates from Aspyr and am beginning to fear that they just aren't able to pull off their magic for the first expansion, let alone the second.

At this stage I wish they would just break the news that the expansion isn't coming and instead release an update to the base game that allows enabling retina mode in-game.

Thanks for the responses. I still have my fingers crossed. Runs better on my iPad Pro than R&F is running on my 2017 iMac (since updating to Mojave runs awful). Wish Aspyr would just update us regularly.

Any updates on when/if the expansion will be coming to the iPad? I wish Firaxis and Aspyr were more customer focused like some other development companies and provided updates. Not a single comment on this from them.

For the last few months whenever I see updates are available in the App Store, I’ve been checking to see if one of them is for Civ6. but it never is. it’s worse than waiting for Christmas!

For the last few months whenever I see updates are available in the App Store, I’ve been checking to see if one of them is for Civ6. but it never is. it’s worse than waiting for Christmas!

Yeah, I do the same thing. I’m not sure why Aspyr Is so vague about the update. It’s not like missing a date is worse than this.

I know these things take time and resources. I also know that they were working for a few months on a patch to correct that one serious bug, but that patch came out a month ago. Has anyone from Aspyr said anything further on the expansion work for Civ 6?

I know these things take time and resources. I also know that they were working for a few months on a patch to correct that one serious bug, but that patch came out a month ago. Has anyone from Aspyr said anything further on the expansion work for Civ 6?

Nothing, zilch, nada. Maybe they’ll have something for this end of the year holidays. It would make a great present.

Top Bottom