Rise and Fall of Rome - NEED HELP WITH CRASH BUG!

king_dean

Warlord
I'm creating a new scenario for the original Civ 3 version 1.29f.

You can download my files-in-progress and tell me what's wrong. I have attached the .bic file and all 16 new leader head photographs too. http://www.emmeland.com/RAFOR_incomplete_version.zip

The Rise and Fall of Rome

I'm working on my first map and scenario. It should be completed and ready to play by today. I've been working on it for the past couple days.

You can play as any of the 16 civilizations I have placed in the ancient Roman world. I have new FLIC photographs for each leader head too. I have the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Samnites, Macedonians, Lusitanians, Pontus Empire, South Germanicans, North Germanicans, Jews, Carthaginians, Seleucids, Numidians, Gauls, and the Huns.

Here is my problem: I just tested the scenario and it crashes to Windows on the diplomacy screen when I click on "We apologize for the mistake. We will move our troops out of your territory."

It doesn't matter what civilization I use, I get the same crash. It also doesn't matter what civilization I engage with either. To make sure the problem was with my scenario and not the actual game, I tested my game with a scenario that came with the game and it worked fine with no bugs or crashes. So the problem is definitely with my new scenario.

I haven't messed with the diplomacy text file yet. Is that what I need to do? The sooner you guys can help me out with this problem then the sooner I will attach all the final version.

Please tell me how to fix this "crash to windows" problem.

Thank you very much.

I have the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Samnites, Macedonians, Lusitanians, Pontus Empire, South Germanicans, North Germanicans, Jews, Carthaginians, Seleucids, Numidians, Gauls, and the Huns.

The proper name would be Northern and Southern Germanics accordingly. Germanican is a modern term coined to describe Germans living in America as far as I know. A good solution to vary the names more rather than naming them 'Northern' or 'Southern' something or other, is to name the northern Germanics just plain Germanics and the southern Germanics either Franks or Belgicans (both would work).

Can't say I know what's causing the error but I await the scenario eagerly nonetheless...the RFRE mod is quite intimidating in my opinion. Good luck on fixing it! ;)

The proper name would be Northern and Southern Germanics accordingly. Germanican is a modern term coined to describe Germans living in America as far as I know. A good solution to vary the names more rather than naming them 'Northern' or 'Southern' something or other, is to name the northern Germanics just plain Germanics and the southern Germanics either Franks or Belgicans (both would work).

Can't say I know what's causing the error but I await the scenario eagerly nonetheless...the RFRE mod is quite intimidating in my opinion. Good luck on fixing it! ;)

I was just reading about Emperor Germanicus and I made a typo. You're right, it's Germanics.

Top Bottom