Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

bug: Mass Media has the Legalized Gambling tech icon :(

Oh, I find RaR is much easier if you increase map size/decrease number of civs otherwise its rather difficult :twitch:

Good Golly Gosh!

This is a fun fun FUN mod! significantly better than DyP, which was not at all half bad.

:thumbsup:

aww man its so hard back to demi-god for me :goodjob: i wouldent expect less

I hate to ask, but how do I change to Snoopy's terrain without screwing it up? Thanks.

what am i doing wrong ... i gained magnetism but my ships still can't cross ocean tiles.
Which ships? Several of them are 'wheeled', and Ocean is impassable for wheeled units (Ironclads, all ancient ships except Curraghs/Longships IIRC).

I can build slave market without slave trade
Slave Market is a regular city improvement (the whole issue with the Slave Trade Wonders in DyP was only because there was no other way before c3c to make them go obsolete)

good mod from what I've seen, although I haven't played it that much due to the fact that there isn't an available map, and I find random maps to be terribly painful to play.

great mod. im enjoying it.

one question: why is the anti-air rating of the mobile sam, which has 6, lower than that of the flak, which has 10?

echinococcus said:
one question: why is the anti-air rating of the mobile sam, which has 6, lower than that of the flak, which has 10?

I guess that an "typo" error and not on purpose, might because it is the value in standard epic games or it should be 16.

Isak said:
I confess I don't even know what kind of connection the honorable mr. Bernskov has hooked the server to. :)

Well ..
The servers is at this very moment handling 120 users concurrently trying to DL a 120 MB file and another 85 users browsing

The site has just been moved to a dedicated server handling this site exclusively, but the line is maxed at the momemt :crazyeye:

I'm in daily contact with Isak and we will probably have mirrors up soon.

Hang in there and wait the extra minute. It is worth it

Can't wait to get the dl from a friend. 115mb is just too much for dialup. :cry: Fortunately, got a friend with broadband and a cd burner :bounce: :banana: :rockon:

When will the spreadsheet be available? That thing is so incredibly handy for reducing the learning curve. Besides I can start getting acquainted with the mod at work. :blush:

i´ve just finished a 180*180 world map (biq) originally created by rhye , now equipped with resources and starting positions of rar...
i´m now waiting for rhye´s permissen to post it here , i hope it will arrive soon in my private messages box :rolleyes:
however i think some of you have waited for a world map, here is the good news : it will be announced soon! :goodjob:

Two things:
1) What is DocTC difficulty?
2) There is a typo in the Ritual Sacrifice entry. A link is mistyped so it doesn't show

haschischman said:
i´ve just finished a 180*180 world map (biq) originally created by rhye , now equipped with resources and starting positions of rar...
i´m now waiting for rhye´s permissen to post it here , i hope it will arrive soon in my private messages box :rolleyes:
however i think some of you have waited for a world map, here is the good news : it will be announced soon! :goodjob:

here it is

hope you will enjoy playing it :lol:

The Great Apple said:
1) What is DocTC difficulty?

A level beyond and more difficult than SID, with huge AI boni.Some highlights: AI starts with 30+ extra units (including 2 settlers and 6 workers), it gets an extra free support of 12 per city, pays only 30% of food/shields, etc.

First, this is an awesome mod! :goodjob:

A few findings about RAR 1.00 build 11 (I reported these little bugs in RAR 1.0 build 0.8 too ;) ):

Athletics is still useless (as mentioned here earlier)

Scientific Method comes available after Milling but Science Advisor screen shows it should be available after Crop Rotation.

Absolutism requires Navigation while on Science advisor screen you can see that it shouldn't require Navigation.

Usury has wrong requirement too - requires Feudalism while Science advisor screen shows that it should be available after Dark Ages.

So eather science advisor screen is done wrongly or the civilization advances have wrong requirements...

And some new findings:

Tribe unit's civilopedia icons are not shown (pics have wrong palette)

Build Barricades doesn't have its icons in civilopedia. In Conquests they are in pediaicons.txt:
"art\civilopedia\icons\terrain\BuildBarricadesLarge.pcx"
"art\civilopedia\icons\terrain\BuildBarricadesSmall.pcx"

These bugs don't affect gameplay.
I'll do some digging and inform if I find other "bugs".

Thunderfall said:
It's uploaded. :) The link is

http://3ddownloads.com/civfanatics/civ3/modpacks/RAR_v100b11_Full.exe (107 MB)

I downloaded a copy from 3D Downloads FTP and it works (ex. no error msg extracting the files).

Thanks a lot TF

As Bernskov said earlier, our server can use all the help it can get, so it's much appreciated :goodjob:

Thanks for all the feedback too. Keep it coming. We are of course going to continue the tradition of releasing timely and untimely patches when you least expect it. :D

Top Bottom