Rise of the Daimyo

Cyc, are you sure about the battle results at South Tip last turn? One of the two SWs that supposedly got killed, is still alive?!

No, I'm not sure. I thought I killed two, but I guess I was wrong. It was 4 hours after the play, plus a glass of wine.

gps to Calis.

I have no qualms if you guys want to replace me as my summer has gotten very busy with the kids and my position feels untenable. Certainly some else may have a better shot at pulling something out. I don't have a save now.

I have no qualms if you guys want to replace me as my summer has gotten very busy with the kids and my position feels untenable. Certainly some else may have a better shot at pulling something out. I don't have a save now.

To be honest I do not care too much about this game anymore. If Cyc wants to continue, I am will to do so, too. But otherwise I would like to declare Lanzelot winner of this game. maybe we can stall his progress for a while, but I am very unsure whether anything more is possible.

Hmmmm. If xakzen resigns...... it will open up a large "no man's land" in which to do battle. That might be interesting. But then again, it might put Lanzelot over the Land Area limit....

I don't mind if Lanzelot is declared winner, but there may have been some great battles.

Hmm, I'm not sure the outcome is that clear yet. Two palaces are always stronger than one palace (though corruption is not that big in this scenario; with a courthouse and WLTK day even the outlying cities are reasonably productive). It might still be a long-drawn difficult struggle with an open end.
However, we would definitely need someone for the Oda position who can play at a reasonable pace for this game to be fun. If xakzen says he can't do it because of RL, we should either look for a substitute (accept Bowslings offer), or if you really think your position is that hopeless, I would accept your resignation. (Though to me it doesn't appear to be a worthy end to this game. :dunno: I would prefer to fight it out, but not at this slow pace, where I have always forgotten my previous plans by the time the next turn comes around...)

I vote for the "no Man's land". A replacement for xakzen would just be detrimental to the goals of the remaining teams.

Ok, what do we do? Calis, do you have the latest save? Perhaps we send it to Eclipse.

A replacement for xakzen would just be detrimental to the goals of the remaining teams.
But an elimination of xakzen would also spoil quite a few plans of mine: I lose my "protective buffer", and I lose around 1000 gold which I invested into the Oda infrastructure in order to help him build up some decent troops so he can defend in case of an attack...

Not sure, whether I'm able to defend successfully, if you are able to use the Oda roads for attacking me along me entire border?!
On the other hand: if I manage to settle a handful of towns, before you can prevent it, the game is over as well. It'll probably turn into a game of roulette...

I can send the latest save I have, but I really do not want to continue. Maybe Cyc wants to take over the Date, too?

I'm in my busy season but I can play, if that is what's needed, I can/will play any condition game and get as much out of it as possible.
Also I can play for Calis? Change passwords or disband the civ.

Be advise an yahoo email account of mine is corrupt, I am trying to work it out because it is my original army days contact address so I don't want to delete it. I can imagine some responses that end up with.

Honestly, can't we just finish a game fair and square for once, without all the "X takes over Y" business... CDG1, TLDO, WPNE and now this one.

Ok, how about this plan: Cyc takes over Date(Calis), Eclipse takes over Oda(xakzen), then we try to finish it as close as possible to how the original game would have gone, i.e. Date and Uesugi are in an alliance versus Mori, while Oda is in a "friendly neutrality" with Mori.

I don't like the idea of disbanding Oda. I have worked all game towards having at least one friend left in this world... and now at the end, when I need him most, he is to be "disbanded"?! Even though disbanding Oda might put me over the land area limit before Date/Uesugi can prevent it, that was not my intention/strategy when playing this game. (If I had wanted that, I could have invaded Oda 20-30 turns ago during my Golden Age and taken the missing 50-60 tiles by force, while Date/Uesugi were still busy with Takeda. Might have won the game, but it's not my style to sneak-attack a friend who trusts in me... :mischief:)

I understand how you've helped mold your passive ally into the Wall of China. I know you've spent a lot of gold and scientific research to bring them to the point at which you need them. It was all a very good move. But together, we've created monster.

You've been in control of this game since Blaze bailed. No bout a doubt it. Because of this, Calis and I knew we had to band together to defeat you. But this notion made you wisely pump up your neighbor to slow down our advancing forces. No longer would we be able to sweep through Oda, taking what we want in order to bolster our forces. In fact now, with most of Oda impregnable, they could easily declare on Date and Uesugi as they trustingly move past Odan cities.

Our only new unit will be another slow-moving defensive unit, in the musketman. I can't see it now. It will just become a senseless slaughter. Let's give the Mori their rightful title.

Congratz to Lanzelot. :thumbsup:

Losing your direct neighbour early on, surely helped you, but nonetheless you did a great job!

Thanks guys, I accept it. :D
You didn't make it easy for me, attacking right at the right point of time and stopping my further expansion in its tracks... :gripe: It would definitely still have been a fierce struggle (especially once you finish gunpowder).

Eclipse, I'll prepare a few game notes and post here on the weekend.

Thanks for the game, and a special thanks to Hawklord... :mischief:

Top Bottom