road coast + explorer

Haiku

Chieftain
First, I play the demo in french, so I don't know the proper english terms to use here.

I have 2 questions:

How is calculated the road maintenance ?

It's 1 gold / road. But which road exactly ? The roads that are inside my border (who builds them does not matter), or is it the road that I build (inside or outside me border), or some other combination ?

Does an upgraded explorer will lose its movement ability at some point ?

I mean, my explorer get upgraded to bowman early in the game ("they found new weapons" exploring a barbarian encampment). It was all good, since they keep their ability to move around freely. This unit was better than any bowman I was ever able to produce. And if I could upgrade them further along the age, it seems to me I've got a precious unit better than any other unit of the same type.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no promotion that grants 1PM per hex on unit. So does it sounds fair to you that this explorer capability is transfered to the bowman ?

I am not sure exactly of what the cost per road, but for roads outside of the borders, the person who built them has to pay for them.

As for promotions, I think that your unit will keep the promotion until it is upgraded into something that doesn't corresponds with that unit. For example, if an archer gets promoted into a rifleman then they will lose all of their range promotions; if I understand correctly.

Top Bottom