Road to War--Why so slow?

zhivago1970

Chieftain
I really think the Road to War scenarios are an excellent addition to the Civ IV family, however, I'm having a problem with excessive wait times between turns. I even went to the trouble to defrag my hard drive in case that was the problem. I have a dual core Pentium with 2GB of memory--should be plenty to run RTW just fine. I have the most recent version of RTW with Hitler, etc., but no increase in speed has occurred. Anyone have any suggestions?

With the add-on beta I've put out, you'll see more wait time.

One suggestion (I notice massive wait time difference) cut your graphic options to "medium". Seems to make heaps of difference. :)

Hi...Road to War. 1936 Scenerio as German ... among a few issues that might be unrelated...there is I noted some buggy like behavior... WORKERS -- WAIT 4 OTHER CIVILIZATIONS etc -- LOAD TIME SLOW --

Worker that starts AUTOMATICALLY builds FORTS on previously built special improvements like mines.

Infinite Loop == HOURS long / crash with GERMANY almost conquering a Power like Russia or America...two or three game yrs in try over an HOUR to process a turn

I am currently running Windows 7 . Disc load game bundle sold at WalllMart a few years back. No update mods that i know of added. Certainly none since purchase: three disc package, Colonization, Beyond The Sword, Basic Game.
System is able to open Desert War and actually run most of the scenes OK.

IF this solved kinda point me to the solution thread or patch and thank you for being here at all.

Top Bottom