Boombar

Chieftain
1709650946086.png

An option to prevent automated workers from building roads would be nice
Getting tired of cleaning up the mess every game

Getting tired of cleaning up the mess every game
100% THIS.

The fact that they do this prevents me from using automated workers. Even on huge maps I will not use this option. They should not build roads AT ALL.

I want to make another account to give you 2 thumbs up. 😜

The reason this is happening is because the automated worker is the AI worker. Now the AI knows it can use roads to attack and so forth.
This is a nice idea.

Allow me to bring to your attention a new feature designed to solve this very problem

it allows fine grained control over what automated workers will do regarding road construction, but also coarse grained control to the point where you can just press one button to stop automated workers from building any roads at all when automated

my manually created roads look like that too! ...but only where battles are taking place

This is how we used to build roads in civ 4 and previous when they were relatively cost free.

There was a time for many years with VP where us forum plebs would grovel to have the AI consider combat roads at all. In screenshot, if there were active or frequent hostilities with all these neighbors, it might make sense to have all those roads, as long as it's not swamping the treasury

If the AI is now building roads that interconnect with neighbor roads, it might be better gameplay to just give this some purpose then to try to make the AI refrain from doing it... Ie road connection with neighbor gives +TR yield with that player or something.

Allow me to bring to your attention a new feature designed to solve this very problem

it allows fine grained control over what automated workers will do regarding road construction, but also coarse grained control to the point where you can just press one button to stop automated workers from building any roads at all when automated
wow, this is massive QoL mod. just finished a game with Iroquois, a civ i used to avoid due to mess automated workers make with roads because of their UA. Game went very smooth

Top Bottom