Role Play Challenge: "Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?"

I still get the feeling to ask you the next question:

"Do you take the blue or the red pill" because it keeps feeling to me like you are in the Matrix :p

I had originally thought the "will need to raze" comment was in regards to keeping the economy from totally tanking due to city maintenance from the captured cities. But looking at the save, it seems none of the victory conditions were actually turned off so Ninentdo was right -- avoiding domination will be necessary.

"Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?": Part VII

A very short round, looking for some final decision/advice on how to proceed here. Also blood started to flow from my nose and I figured it safe to put a break on this insane board.

To summarize the Sury's
Orange = Cyrus
Dark Blue = A zealot (Zara or Sal)
Lt. Blue = A Sury who's favorite civic is Universal Sufferage because

So a short round because we killed Green/Grey Sury and another interesting thing happened.

We took the new Khmerian capital

Moved onto Batenbang, but we lost the just captured captial slowing us down a bit.
Annoying too because that city had the SoZ wonder.

And the interesting potentially game turner

Dark Blue Sury vassaled to Orange Sury!!!!!

Oraneg Sury also declared on Grey Sury capturing a Grey Sury city that we could not find, which worked out well because

Another Sury bites the dust!

So we saved here with the biggest empire, and our scince slider all the way up to 20%!!! Still we are teching OK because of a decent SE game.

Now peak at the tech

OK, so we have cavalry rifling/military Science against Orange Sury's Steel. We are also teching steel as we speak.

So, do we immediate proceed and attack Orange Sury now or build a vast military first and do it right! Understand We are facing a two front war here and will likely lose our last allie!

Well, with a power rating of 0.6 of Orange Sury I don't think you should expect much if you invade right now. However 10+ turns of extreme drafting/whipping Rifles should get you in a better position. After that you can consider building gold if you're getting dangerously low on cash, and slowly build gold-boosting buildings in city by city when you can afford it. If you finish Orange Sury the game is as won anyway.

Yeh gods, this is the most insane RPC I have yet to play. My head is buzzing from playing the last segment.

I willt ry and give you a quick recap now so as I can post the segment, well I don't know. Nevertheless,

1) We teched off communism while building a force of rifles/cannons/cavalry.

2) We attacked Sury, Sury, and Sury. But not Sury, he pretty much stayed put and watched.

3) We started the war three different time since the first 2 we got our Khmerian behinds kicked. Nevertheless, this is an insane game and I am entitled to try this war a few times.

4) Third time is a charm, I think. Many Khmerians are dead, including my Khmerians.

5) No Sury likes us.

6) So we are still involved in a major bloodbath. I DO NOT plan to ever get peace.

7) Oh, by the way. I am very cautious about getting an accidental domination win, so I simply razed every city I came across,including a holy city and some wonders (not sure which one, it's pointless anyway).

"Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?": Part ?????

You say my quick Summary, let's get onto the game.

We teched our biggest tech

We them went as suggested towards Sci Meth and Communism. State Property is a biggie.

We managed to get a little further along here.

We teched to Communism and switched civics

Now as I said I messed up this crazy war a few times. The first we tried to keep some cities, badddd idea. The second our capital was captured and inefficiently defended, Bahhhh. The third time, we played some defense and let Sury break his army on our cities.

Now a large force of Crussairs/cannons attacked our capital. The key was keeping a small stack of Cavalry with flanking II to attack the stack.

This destroyed enough Crussairs and weaked the cannons. After a few turns the cannons were eliminated at the cots of a few cavalry, and the remaining stack went on a suicide mission against our capital. This took alot of starch otu of Orange Sury.

We had a small stack going againt green Sury (he is green, right???)

And proceeded to try and raze every city to know one Sury out. At teh save we are still trying to knock him out!!!

Blue Sury we have been fighting a defensive war, as there is only a 1 city border. While he is low in power, he has the bulk of his troops guarding that city, so we have to attack his rear once we finish shredding Orange Sury.

Here we captured and razed the Hindu Holy city.

We regrouped this stack, enlarged it with more troops, and sent a good old mega stack off on a direct path to Orange Sury's capital, bypassing other cities. Time for a jugular stroke.

Which is shown here!!!

Orange Sury's power numbers are dropping as you can see from the numbers next to the Sury's score. 1.0 means equal power graph numbers, less than 1.0 we are less in power, greater than 1.0 we are ahead.

We proceeded to capture another city near the capital, seeing little counter attacking troops.

There is a clear area where we can heal pretty well as we have a medic III cavalry unti courtesy of an attached GG!

And here is a stetch of land connecting our cities to where Orange Sury's capital used to be.

OK, we saved here.

The war shall continue!!!! My goal is to pummell Orange Sury and let Blue Sury break away. Get a peace with Blue Sury and crush Orange Sury and his slime henchman Sury.

Any suggestions? None, good. Sury must die. Sury too, then Sury and finally Sury. Research? The hell with it.

Lt. Blue is Washington or Roosevelt. Not Gandhi.

The favoriute civic is US, GW loves FS and I believe Roosevelt's favorite is Merc unless it's different in BTS.

Good plan. Sury and then Sury, then sury after that and finally, Sury. Sounds great.
Off-Topic a bit: It's CUIRASSIER, oh how it bugs me to see it mispelled all over the place...

Time to kill every Sury on the map! :D

(Except yours, of course. :) )

First of all, Mad, thanks for a highly entertaining RPC, haven't laughed this much in ages, afraid my neighbours are rather cross with me now for going :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: in the middle of the night.

The favoriute civic is US, GW loves FS and I believe Roosevelt's favorite is Merc unless it's different in BTS.

It is different in BtS:

1. George Washington
Universal Suffrage
Charismatic
• +1 per City
• -25% XP Needed for Unit Promotions
• +1 from Monument, Broadcast Tower
Expansive
• +2 per City
• +25% for Worker
• +100% for Granary, Harbor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Franklin D. Roosevelt
Universal Suffrage
Industrious
• +50% for Wonders
• +100% for Forge
Organized
• -50% Civic Upkeep
• +100% for Lighthouse, Factory, Courthouse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Abraham Lincoln
Emancipation
Charismatic
• +1 per City
• -25% XP Needed for Unit Promotions
• +1 from Monument, Broadcast Tower
Philosophical
• +100% Birth Rate
• +100% for University

Info from http://apolyton.net/civ4/info.php

So it seems both Washington and Roosevelt are possible candidates for light blue Khmer.

EDIT: Semirami has in his post (below) shown the entries in Sevopedia for Washington and Roosevelt, thus proving that my information source from Apolyton (link above) obviously needs correcting. Sorry for nonintentional misinformation.

NExt Segment coming up. Some interesting things have occurred and I will need some advice on how to proceed.

By the way, for about 400 years we have done nothing except build military and a few Barracks in some captured cities.

Top Bottom