Roller Coaster Tycoon

Yeah, I used to play it all the time. It was great! I've been watching philp's LP of it recently. Man does it bring me back.

I still load up RT3 every now and then. Nothing like riding your own coasters!

I just wish you could have the sandbox part of the game but with money. I don't always want to play a scenario.

I originally played lots of Theme Park. Bullfrog rocked back in the day.

I remember playing the original game, though I was never interested in designing rollercoasters. I preferred the business sim aspects of it. I remember wanting to try the second game because of the Six Flags aspect...I wanted to try to recreate Six Flags Over Georgia.

I never played the first, hated the second, love the third. I'm still trying to recreate (I lost my parks about a year ago thanks to a weird glitch) my Neverending Nightmare coaster. The original had over 30 drops, over 40 inversions, and lasted about 3 minutes, but it had a lot rating since the Intensity stat was so high. I'd like to get it to have a good overall stat but keep the awesomeness of the original.

I use to play the 1st one like crazy. I loved playing it! Now I want to start playing it again for the heck of it. I never played the second since it looked like the same thing. I do have the 3rd one, without the expansions, but I thought it was enjoyable.

I've got the 3rd one. Every once in a while, I'll load it up and enjoy.

Man, this thread is a pretty good representation of the age divides in this forum. You young'uns honestly have no idea what you were missing out on. RCT1 was a true classic, a seminal must play!

The other two deserve every bit of the $5 bargain bin location they now occupy.

I played RCT1, once, and I enjoyed it. I haven't had the opportunity to pick it up, though.

I don't understand the hate against RCT2. It was the same game as RCT1 but had the ability to create custom maps. Don't get me wrong 1 was great but 2 kinda replaced it completely.

I don't understand the hate against RCT2. It was the same game as RCT1 but had the ability to create custom maps. Don't get me wrong 1 was great but 2 kinda replaced it completely.

Mostly because it really didn't add anything new. We already had 2 expansion packs which were little more than map packs. The second one felt like another map pack with some patch fixes, but it was sold full price. It was just kind of irritating.

RCT1 is one of the greatest games of all time, nuff said.

I hated 2 because the coaster construction was a pain, and I hated the scenerios. Make coasters in 3 seems to be easier, and I love Sandbox Mode.

3 was fun because of the ride camera thing, but I still think 2 was the most fun. 1 was about equal though.
I played these when I was less than 10, so don't judge me :p

Top Bottom