• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RoM 2.7 Map error

TechXLtd

Prime Directorate
I've installed the new BtS 3.19 patch with a fresh install of Civ IV, Warlords, and BtS as well as a fresh install of the new RoM 2.7. Anytime I do a custom game with any of the map scripts it starts up and then says "Can't find map script - generating blank map". Is there something I missed or forgot to install?

I'm running WinXP Pro w/ 3gb of RAM and dual core Xeons if that may have anything to do with it.

Edit:

See if you got all the RoM mapscripts unzipped to the folder 'Rise of Mankind\Privatemaps'. If they are there, try creating folder 'PublicMaps' under Rise of Mankind and move all mapscripts to this new folder and then launch the game. This might solve the problem...

Thank you very much! Apparently whenever I uninstalled Civ 4 + expansions, it didn't clean everything out completely. I had to manually clear out my cache folder and now it works on top of doing what you said. Thanks Zappara, I basically have your mod to autoload each time I play BtS. It's the greatest mod that I've ever played :goodjob:

Top Bottom