RoM New Dawn unit icon help?

ReaverX01

Chieftain
Hello there, I need some help changing a unit button icon for the Rise of Mankind New Dawn mod. Its the Navy SEAL icon for the Americans, the mod has it using the default Marine icon from stock Civ 4, but I've replaced the ingame model with my own reskinned version and would like to change the icon too, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I have the icon already made, and have been able to change other unit icons, but I just cant figure this one out, can someone help me out here please?
Thanks

Also, on a somewhat related note, does someone know if theres an easier way to replace a units model without having to unpack the ROM assets in pakbuild, overwrite everything, and repack it?
I want this to replace the Navy SEAL unit

and I would like this to be its icon

and I want to rename it to US Marine... 2 of the 3 I've managed to accomplish, just wanna know if there is a less annoying way to do it?
Thanks again

What's the problem with the button? Just replace it in the ArtDefines :confused:.

The name should be somewhere in one of the files in Assets\XML\Text...you'll have to search :/.

For replacing, you don't have to unpack the stuff. Just drop the new art in the folder, where the packed art is meant to be, it will overwrite it.

Ah, I didn't think that would work, ill try it and let you know how it goes, thanks

Alright, I was able to replace the unit model and rename it, im still stuck on the icon though. I put the icon in the buttons/units folder, and I found the art defines XML in the mod folder and tried changing a couple different lines, but none of them got the icon to show up, do you know exactly which line to change?

Alright, I was able to replace the unit model and rename it, im still stuck on the icon though. I put the icon in the buttons/units folder, and I found the art defines XML in the mod folder and tried changing a couple different lines, but none of them got the icon to show up, do you know exactly which line to change?

Code:
	<UnitArtInfo>
		<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMERICAN_NAVY_SEAL</Type>
		[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Navy_Seal2.dds</Button>[/COLOR][/B]
		<fScale>0.44</fScale>
		<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
		<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
		<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
		<NIF>Art/Units/Unique/America/NavySEAL/NavySeal.nif</NIF>
		<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/America/NavySEAL/NavySeal.kfm</KFM>
		<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Unique/America/NavySEAL/NavySeal_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
		<ShadowDef>
			<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
			<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
			<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
		</ShadowDef>
		<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
		<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
		<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
		<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIQUE_UNIT</TrainSound>
		<AudioRunSounds>
			<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
			<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
		</AudioRunSounds>
	</UnitArtInfo>

well, that replaced the special forces unit icon, but at least I know the icon shows up in game lol.
In ROMND, the navy_seal2.dds is used for the special forces unit, and the American Navy SEAL unit apparently goes in the unit folder called marine_us, so I found that in the art defines and its button goes to "Marine", although when I change that it has no effect.
Hopefully im not being annoying lol

-EDIT-
I figured it out, just had to delete an extra line in the marine_usa button part and it showed up, thanks for all your help

Top Bottom