Roma Surrectum: The Greatest Mod of RTW

Drtad

It Stinks!!!
www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251

Anybody who hasn't tried Roma Surrectum has been missing out on the mod with the best gameplay, historical campaign, and soon to be greatest unit skin having mod ever. And once RS2 comes out with its new campaign and new factions with completely reskinned and remodeled unit rosters for all factions, things will only get better.:king:

How's the AI and can it compare to DarthMod?

EDIT: BUt it looks good, I'll give it a try soon, although, does it work with a fully patched gold editiohn? (RTW 1.6 + BI), because I'd have to buy an older copy of RTW to play anything that needs a lower patch, and that ain't happening.

How's the AI and can it compare to DarthMod?

EDIT: BUt it looks good, I'll give it a try soon, although, does it work with a fully patched gold editiohn? (RTW 1.6 + BI), because I'd have to buy an older copy of RTW to play anything that needs a lower patch, and that ain't happening.
The AI? I have never played Darth mod, but I know that RS uses Sinuhet's formations which are supposed to be really good.

Yeah, it should work with BI. I believe when you install it it shows you two shortcuts, one for vanilla 1.5 and one for BI.

Wow... That looks awesome. Another one on my list of "mods to try". (I've only had the game for two months, so I'm still playing the standard version. Probably try some mods once I wrap up my current game.)

One more thing to add... RS does not use modswitch, so you can only have one mod (RS) installed on that particular RTW install. Well, RS is the only mod you'll ever need, so it doesn't matter.;)

Might just be be, but im not able to locate the download button anywhere :rolleyes:

Link please :king:

Ill try it when I get R:TW for Christmas. BTW Drtad, any thoughts about coming back to EMA? Its gotten sort of quiet.

Ill try it when I get R:TW for Christmas. BTW Drtad, any thoughts about coming back to EMA? Its gotten sort of quiet.
Well, to me it seems as though EMA is finished, due to Head Serf's lack of activity. I thought about resurrecting it myself, but I just don't have the time or energy. However, when Civ V comes out (if there is one), I have plans for a European Medieval mod...:mischief:

Head Serf said that he has alot of work letely, and he should be back by Thanksgiving. I would work more on it, but when trying to add 2nd UUs, I get an encoding error. Sorry to get the thread off-topic!

Version 1.5 of Roma Surrectum has been released! Follow the link in the first post to the RS forum and DL this much improved version of RS.

Some questions:
How big is the map?
How many new units?
Does this overwrite the original RTW?
Is it compatible with Barbarian Invasion?

Some questions:
How big is the map?
It is very big, and goes as far East as Dahae.

How many new units?
It has 28 unique legions for Rome with all unique names and a realistic recruiting system, it has a new Iberian and Carthaginian roster, it has unique Greek hoplites recruitable in their respective cities (Nicomedian Hoplite, Syracusian Hoplite, Athenian Hoplite, etc.), and in the yet to be released RS 2.0, all factions have completely new unit rosters with beautiful units by Tone and Antiochus Epiphanes and new factions with new units(RS already has Epirus, Pergamum, Bosporus, and Syracuse and new factions, but RS2 has other new factions which have not been disclosed yet).

Does this overwrite the original RTW?
Yes, it does not use the mod-switch method. After you try it, it will be the only mod you ever need, so it doesn't matter.;)

Is it compatible with Barbarian Invasion?
It can be used with BI.exe, but the regular Barbarian Invasion is broken when RS is installed.

It is very big, and goes as far East as Dahae.

It has 28 unique legions for Rome with all unique names and a realistic recruiting system, it has a new Iberian and Carthaginian roster, it has unique Greek hoplites recruitable in their respective cities (Nicomedian Hoplite, Syracusian Hoplite, Athenian Hoplite, etc.), and in the yet to be released RS 2.0, all factions have completely new unit rosters with beautiful units by Tone and Antiochus Epiphanes and new factions with new units(RS already has Epirus, Pergamum, Bosporus, and Syracuse and new factions, but RS2 has other new factions which have not been disclosed yet).

Yes, it does not use the mod-switch method. After you try it, it will be the only mod you ever need, so it doesn't matter.;)

It can be used with BI.exe, but the regular Barbarian Invasion is broken when RS is installed.
Sounds great but I don't want to create another copy of RTW. It would take too long.

I am waiting for 2.0, and I'm trying my best to be patient.

Good stuff.

I downloaded RS and I'm not sure if I'm going to be disappointed or happy.
The positive is that units take fast to build (0 turns) and there is going to be a lot of large battles. The negative is is that units take fast to build and there is going to be a lot of large battles.
I like having large battles and a lot of units but I don't want the AI to spam armies that contain a lot of weak units. I also don't want the AI to make a lot of large armies and attack you a lot in one turn. That would be boring for me because the battles would be monotonous. Does the AI in RS do this?

I am playing Gaul 0-turn, and I was constantly being attacked by Rome, Iberia, Germania, the Free People, and later Carthage. At least one was attacking every turn, and it was usually more than one.

Right now, Germania is a one province state, somewhere in the middle of Europe, and Rome is destroyed. It took a long time to enter Italy. Since Carthage declared war, I took Corsica, and it was the better way into Italy than through the mountains.

I am playing Gaul 0-turn, and I was constantly being attacked by Rome, Iberia, Germania, the Free People, and later Carthage. At least one was attacking every turn, and it was usually more than one.

Right now, Germania is a one province state, somewhere in the middle of Europe, and Rome is destroyed. It took a long time to enter Italy. Since Carthage declared war, I took Corsica, and it was the better way into Italy than through the mountains.
But does the AI spam a lot of weak units or units of the same type?

Top Bottom