ROME 3.1.0 for ROM 2.9

White space? In the XML? Can you provide a screenshot of these pink buttons? I don't think that it's white space in the XML, but perhaps I've made some buttons incorrectly.

Maybe he means spaces in the names of folders or file names. BULL, which is used in displaying hover over can't handle spaces in file or folder names.

I thought that Rise of Mankind didn't use BULL - it only used BUG?
BULL is included in RevDCM 2.6 which is in RoM 2.8 so yes, RoM does have BULL.

I thought that Rise of Mankind didn't use BULL - it only used BUG?

Dancing Hoskuld is right. RoM use BULL because RevDCM is the spine of this mod.

Plus, another possible problem was that I removed your ethnic or unique artstyles (forgot the name of them) from my pack. Would that mess up WWI units?

Plus, I think you may want to advertise WWI units as Snail speed recommended units but that is my my opinion. Otherwise, I LOVE your Colonial units pack! :D

If i download this modmod do i have to start a new game?

RoM use BULL because RevDCM is the spine of this mod.

Not in my book. It's just another appendage. And a Not used often one at that.

:D

JosEPh ;)

Not in my book. It's just another appendage. And a Not used often one at that.

:D

JosEPh ;)

:shakes head:

Are you kidding me? Are you kidding!? At this point Joseph, I am beginning to think that RoM is not the mod you are looking for. There are more conservative mods out there, I would try one of those.

Yes. Anything that adds or removes content generally breaks older saves.

Awwwww, i just started a new save awhile ago. *sigh* gotta wait alittle longer.

I have a suggestion, why not make the warriors peasants and have them have different ethnic looks? just a thought

Also I recognized that the Roman Bazooka is a red blob when installed to rom 2.81 and every AND version. Maybe you can take a look at that...?

Love the mod, no game without it. Do you plan to expand it a bit and make the trench units i.e. more unique?

kind regards

Also I recognized that the Roman Bazooka is a red blob when installed to rom 2.81 and every AND version. Maybe you can take a look at that...?

Love the mod, no game without it. Do you plan to expand it a bit and make the trench units i.e. more unique?

kind regards

Good spot, it was a typo in the xml, a product of copy & paste. Thanks for pointing it out.

As far as making the trench units more unique, could you clarify what you mean by that. Do you mean in terms of stats, or in terms of unique flavour graphics?

Good spot, it was a typo in the xml, a product of copy & paste. Thanks for pointing it out.

As far as making the trench units more unique, could you clarify what you mean by that. Do you mean in terms of stats, or in terms of unique flavour graphics?

thanks for fixing it! I meant more flavour units of course :) I really enjoy the WW I period now.

One thing i have noticed also, is that the str is alittle low for all the units, ie, your Cav has a str just 1 str above the normal cav.

That is deliberate. The WWI cavalry aren't supposed to be the game winners that the Dragoon can be. The WWI cavalry's stats reflect the decline of horse-based warfare, whilst providing graphics comparable to other units of that age. I really think that upping the WWI Cavalry's stats would seriously unbalance the game. But I always welcome player feedback, so thanks.

WWI cavalry were really used as scouts, so I could perhaps give them an increase in withdrawal probability - what do you think?

That is deliberate. The WWI cavalry aren't supposed to be the game winners that the Dragoon can be. The WWI cavalry's stats reflect the decline of horse-based warfare, whilst providing graphics comparable to other units of that age. I really think that upping the WWI Cavalry's stats would seriously unbalance the game. But I always welcome player feedback, so thanks.

WWI cavalry were really used as scouts, so I could perhaps give them an increase in withdrawal probability - what do you think?

Now that's a better idea, in fact look at the third paragraph.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWcavalry.htm

Hey Zulu9812, I have a few requests in the next versions of this mod. I really like what you have done with RoM, but I still wish that the leaders had more trait diversity. I do think that most of the traits are to historically reflect the leader, but for game play sake, it is nice to have more options. For example, Humanitarian is only matched to two other different traits, while Aggressive is linked to so many leaders. I think there should be a few Spiritual and Philisophical traits together, as well as Humanitarian with Organized or Agricultural, amongst others. Just some thoughts...

Top Bottom