Rome 600ad

jamman1991

Chieftain
I think this mod is great, but on the 600 AD I would love it if Rome was playable.

:crazyeye:

I would like to know how hard would it be to make a 600 AD rome.

Ideas: for rome in 600 AD:

1. (not sure if possible:confused:) but have Romans spawn as a vassel of france at around 1600 or whenever representing frances power over Italy
A possible UHV could be to regain full control of Italy, that way concentates Italy to be focused on Italy and not on expanding too much.
or
spawn as a southern Italian city that has to regain control of Italy although I believ it would be more accurate if North united the South. Anyway its just a thoought

2. Another UHV could be not to lose a city up to 1900 or around then

3. The last UHV could be to do with culture (I believe after being born in England, brought up in England, Italy, Canada, France, Germany, that the Italians culture is the strongest, and have never really lost their Heritage)

Any other ideas or thoughts on this would all be great,
Please only constructive critisism
:goodjob:

Yeah i agree

But as a temporary solution rome can represent Italy.

Unless someone decides to create a new civ: Italy for the mod

I would do it myself but I have only little(basic xml and art files only, no idea how to script or edit pythons) experience when it comes to modding plus its modding your mod and map which i can not do:(

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated

If it means anything to you, at some point after Nationalism is discovered Rome can respawn. Although the civilization is referred to as Rome, the official name indicates its Italy.

You can vassalize them; does that count?

no

because as a if you vassalize a country you only gain their trust and willing to give you things cheaply and i would like to play as italy/rome and gain their civ bonuses

you might as well invade and take rome in that case;)

no

because as a if you vassalize a country you only gain their trust and willing to give you things cheaply and i would like to play as italy/rome and gain their civ bonuses

you might as well invade and take rome in that case;)

Roman roads are good till railroad (c. 1800), but Praets are useless against longbowmen and crossbowmen, much less later units.

I always think that the fact there are no Roman roads in Gaul, Italy or Spain is somewhat ahistorical. At least there should be the Appian Way (Rome to the heel of Italy).

I think Roman roads should use the graphics from the Charlemagne scenario personally and I do agree here. However, maybe they should only be included in the 600A.D. scenario pre-built.

Absolutley, roman roads didn't go any were, once they were built they stayed for a very long time. So these roads should be through out europe

anyway longbowman and other units will not be neccessary as if you look at when i said Italy/Rome enter the game 1600AD ish or around then maybe a bit sooner

But Roman roads being in Gaul and Spain mostly would give France and Spain too much advantage (against Germany and the rest of the non-Latin speaking world). So unless you take away one of their starting units, it's not worth the unbalance.

I say just give the Appian Way a symbolic appearance from Rome to the heel of Italy (nobody should be building cities in southern Italy if they want to keep them anyway).

Does anybody know if Rome collapses, do their roads still give the movement bonus?

I would guess no, because they aren't "their" roads, but roads in their culturally owned tiles.

Top Bottom