ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Volga Bulgaria (Almish Yiltawar)
Start Bias: Grassland
Capital: :c5capital: Bolghar
UA: Shahri Bolghar
Trade Routes generate +2 :c5gold: Gold and +2 :c5production: Production for each Major Civilization with whom you are at war. Gain a +5% :c5production: Military Unit Production bonus for each Major Civilization you are sending a Trade Route.
UU: Drujinnik (replaces Knight)
Faster and more expensive than the Knight it replaces, the Drujinnik also starts with Shock I and the "Shestoper" unique promotion, granting them a +50% Combat Bonus while attacking Fortified Units. Generates :c5gold: Gold per Kill. Upgrades to Cavalry (Cuirassier in EE). Requires Horses.
UU: Chirmesh (replaces Crossbowman)
While available later than the Crossbowman it replaces, at Gunpowder, the Chirmesh is stronger (17 :c5strength: /19 :c5rangedstrength: vs. 13/18) and starts with Cover I. It also starts with the unique promotion "Zatinnaya Pishal", granting it a +34% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when attacking while Garrisoned in a Volga Bulgar City. Upgrades to Gatling Gun (Skirmisher in EE). Requires Iron.

---

Funny thing; gunpowder weapons appear far earlier in Volga Bulgaria than they do in the other Russias. The Chirmesh was an urban militia, while the Drujinniki were cavalry formations designed to be able to fight both Mongol and Russian cavalry, with their vastly different styles. This fusion of Russian and Horde influences really made them different, and I wanted to reflect that in the UUs. The UA reflects their status as a major trading empire, propped up by being on a near-permanent war footing thanks to aggression from Novgorod, Muscovy, and (later) the various steppe nations. Hopefully it's at least an interesting design. =]

Volga Bulgaria (Almish Yiltawar)
Start Bias: Grassland
Capital: :c5capital: Bolghar
UA: Shahri Bolghar
Trade Routes generate +2 :c5gold: Gold and +2 :c5production: Production for each Major Civilization with whom you are at war. Gain a +5% :c5production: Military Unit Production bonus for each Major Civilization you are sending a Trade Route.
UU: Drujinnik (replaces Knight)
Faster and more expensive than the Knight it replaces, the Drujinnik also starts with Shock I and the "Shestoper" unique promotion, granting them a +50% Combat Bonus while attacking Fortified Units. Generates :c5gold: Gold per Kill. Upgrades to Cavalry (Cuirassier in EE). Requires Horses.
UU: Chirmesh (replaces Crossbowman)
While available later than the Crossbowman it replaces, at Gunpowder, the Chirmesh is stronger (17 :c5strength: /19 :c5rangedstrength: vs. 13/18) and starts with Cover I. It also starts with the unique promotion "Zatinnaya Pishal", granting it a +34% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when attacking while Garrisoned in a Volga Bulgar City. Upgrades to Gatling Gun (Skirmisher in EE). Requires Iron.

---

Funny thing; gunpowder weapons appear far earlier in Volga Bulgaria than they do in the other Russias. The Chirmesh was an urban militia, while the Drujinniki were cavalry formations designed to be able to fight both Mongol and Russian cavalry, with their vastly different styles. This fusion of Russian and Horde influences really made them different, and I wanted to reflect that in the UUs. The UA reflects their status as a major trading empire, propped up by being on a near-permanent war footing thanks to aggression from Novgorod, Muscovy, and (later) the various steppe nations. Hopefully it's at least an interesting design. =]

Yeah, I read something about the early use of gunpowder, I especially like these units!

Scapegrace can into useful! =]

But yeah, meant to say earlier: if you want to make my Malawi, or any other civ from the Palais Du Rhin, then you are more than welcome to do so. I love it when my random thoughts become reality. =]

I should really organise the list of civs that I'd like to do, I'm probably gonna attempt Sogdiana after the Guanches, but then, I dunno.

Recently I've been thinking about a Dacian civ, with a Dava UI, and something similar to the Thracian Falxman as the unit.

Now here are some ruddy fantastic icons by the illustrious davey_henninger!

Spoiler :

As you can see . . . they all have sticks

Now here are some ruddy fantastic icons by the illustrious davey_henninger!

Spoiler :

As you can see . . . they all have sticks

I'm currently running an Native American AI game and the Cherokee just gave up a capital that was in the red with peace treaty... I'm really mad. I can't be that mad though because the Toltecs are a very worthy rival to Monty :D.

I'm currently running an Native American AI game and the Cherokee just gave up a capital that was in the red with peace treaty... I'm really mad. I can't be that mad though because the Toltecs are a very worthy rival to Monty :D.

Ooooh, is it public? Could I have a link? I remember someone did a "british" AI only map, and they had some of my civs, including the manx, which were a fan favourite :D

Ooooh, is it public? Could I have a link? I remember someone did a "british" AI only map, and they had some of my civs, including the manx, which were a fan favourite :D

http://imgur.com/a/waooV

I have screen-shotted up to part 3 and both of your civs are doing pretty well! (One is doing fabulously actually)

Kindof of weird to see my civs in these AI games :D

I will be releasing the next part today on /r/civaigames

Looking forward to it Niao, it seems very promising and I'm really hoping that the Calusa will perform well - especially since their UU encourages carpeting

*ahem* C A L U S A B O Y S *ahem*

Getting on topic again - how are the Gaunches going, and is the plan still for Sogdiana after them?

I, I want the Toltecs or the Cherokee to win. Nope, I'm not biased at all, how dare you accuse me of such a thing!

Anyway, yes, Guanches are gradually being pieced together, I'm getting bits of art and code here and there. I've got an exam next week (and I had one yesterday) so I haven't had much time to actually test much of the code and bring stuff together, but after wednesday I should have a little more time.

Concerning Sogdiana, it is possible that I might do something of a collab with davey henninger (though, half my mods could be considered unofficial collabs with him ^^). I haven't got a design, that's been a bit of a stumbling block, so post ideas if you want, and if you have a good leader, that would be great!

Components would be the Sapao, a Sogdian caravan chief, and, something that I can't remember the name of, but it'll basically be a souped up version of the trading post, historically identical to the Afghan Kalle. Focii would be many gold/land trade, with some science.

You still need LS, lordrj?

Probably at some time in the near future (i.e. after the Guanche release), thanks for the offer!

Fixed

Top Bottom