Same map?

globaooba

The Wolpertinger
i jst played a random map game as the russians and i won a cultural victory.then i started another game on the same dufficulty, same civ and i got the same map, same starting point and same terrain placement. the only thing diferent was the rival civs. is this normal or what?

That sounds unusual. Normally I would think that you mistakenly loaded an early save of the same game or maybe the same scenario, but since you got different civ opponents, that sounds weird. I dunno man, maybe it's a sign that you've been playing WAY too much lol

I had that online as well : I played ShowTekGer twice in 24 hours, and got the same map 2 times....I even started at the same spot (lucky for me, I knew the location of relics, so I could plan ahead :D)

Definitely happens. I've had had it happen to me twice, where I played two games in a row and both times it was the same map with different civs but in the same locations. Kinda fun once I realized what was going on. :)

yes, there definately are repeats of the same maps.

It usually helps for knowing where the other civs are. Sometimes the artifacts aren't in the same places, as the number of artifacts in any given game can vary. But, for the most part, the map will be the same, with maybe barbs, huts, and artifacts either being in the spots they were or not.

I recognize almost half the maps now.

The maps that are easiest for me to dominate are the ones I see on Game of the Week previously, and then get that same map on MP. Since in GOTW, you play the map over and over again, till you know the map by heart, it makes it so much easier to know where to go.

Top Bottom